79: a little birdy told me...

A/N: i'm so sorry for the delay ;-; but this chapter has a chenle and jisung focus so please forgive me,, love you guys~ enjoy ^.^

"yah, don't you dare throw that blue shell at me-!" chenle cut himself off with a screech as jisung let out a laugh that could only be described as a cackle.

"you thought he was going to be nice?" renjun giggled, fighting to keep in fourth place as jeno also held a controller from where he sat behind his boyfriend, arms wrapped around his waist.

"jisung, whyyyy-"

"because toad is superior to peach, that's why," said jisung, sticking his tongue out as his character passed through the finish line. chenle mirrored his best friend's face.

"you're supposed to be letting off some steam before the show tonight, not getting more stressed," renjun remarked, setting down his controller as jeno pulled him further into his lap.

"maybe that would be possible if i could win something," chenle grumbled.

"well, there's still three more races, how about you pick the next one?" jisung suggested. "come on, lele, stop sulking and play mario kart with me."

chenle just pouted and jisung sighed.

"i'll give you a head start," he muttered.

the chinese boy grinned and picked up his controller. "deal," he said.

"they're so cute," renjun remarked, and jeno nodded.

"they should get together soon," jeno commented, and renjun elbowed his stomach.

"they're babies, leave them alone," he muttered.

jeno grinned. "i'm just saying, it'll happen at some point." renjun twisted around to looked at him, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend's knowing look. jeno just laughed and pressed a quick kiss to renjun's lips.

"ew, get a room," chenle whined.

"i guess they are still children," jeno chuckled.

"exactly," renjun said plaintively.

"be glad you don't have to kiss someone in the musical, lele," jisung scoffed, "if you're such a kid about it."

"excuse me, a kid?" chenle demanded. "well, there's no one in the cast i would want to kiss, anyway."

jisung smirked and overtook chenle on their new race which they had started without renjun or jeno.

"speaking of the cast, ow!" jisung was cut off as chenle his him with a shell.

"it doesn't physically hurt, sungie," he chuckled, easily overtaking him.

"as i was saying," jisung continued, narrowing his eyes at his best friend, "speaking of the cast, aren't you supposed to be there and hour before curtain-up?"

"oh, shit," chenle uttered, dropping his controller and grabbing at his phone. jisung laughed and came first in the race, with chenle's character peach left in the middle of the track as all the other racers sped past. "it's your fault for distracting me, sungie!"

the chinese boy rushed around grabbing his stuff, shoving his notebooks and things back into his rucksack.

"you know, i could have just brought your stuff to school tomorrow," renjun remarked.

"or i could have brought it to the show," jisung added.

"kun-ge!" renjun yelled, and after a second, footsteps were heard on the stairs.

"yeah, junnie?" kun asked with a smile, appearing the living room doorway in jeans and an oversized yellow sweater. his hair was still damp from his shower that he'd only had an hour ago - he was famously lazy on his days off.