37: thespian style.

"fucking god, sanha," daehwi hissed, "stop giggling!"

"what?" sanha demanded. "aren't you having fun?"

"someone will hear us, you dumb shit," donghyuck muttered, peering around a corner.

"we're almost there, either way," said chani, shining his phone light down the corridor. the four of them had snuck into the school later that night wearing dark hooded sweaters.

"shit! put that thing off!" daehwi whispered, putting his hands over chani's phone. the four of them squeezed into the space between two rows of lockers, tight against the wall.

someone walked down the corridor, wheeling something. a door closed and a light went on inside a classroom.

"just the caretaker," chani breathed, releasing his grip on sanha's arm.

the taller tried to get the boy's hair out of his nose, fighting back a sneeze.

"well, come on," donghyuck said, going back out into the corridor and beckoning to the other boys. he ducked low as he passed the lit classroom, motioning for the others to do the same.

the others crawled after donghyuck, joining him behind the doors that led to the sports block.

"run through the plan again," he said stiffly, looking to sanha.

"we have a plan?" he questioned.

chani looked like he wanted to hit him, but refrained from doing so. "we went over the plan in the car."

"right," sanha muttered. "kid, i still can't believe you can drive."

"i'm the same age as you, dumbass," daehwi said, sneering. "how come you can't drive yet?"

"everyone shut up," donghyuck groaned. he sushed them, entering the sports block with the three following him. they went quickly down the corridor, pausing outside coach heechul's office.

"chani, daehwi," said sanha. "supplies?"

daehwi quietly jangled his rucksack of spray paint, and chani nodded, a stack of sticky notes in his hand and a marker pen.

"donghyuck, mission get the keys is a-go," sanha hissed.

"bitch, i'm on it," donghyuck said, "now shut up and stand guard."

sanha rolled his eyes but did as he was told. he beckoned for daehwi to follow donghyuck to the door. the peachy-haired boy shot daehwi the okay sign.

donghyuck took a hair pin out of his hair, bending it and starting to pick the lock.

"we good?" daehwi breathed.

sanha looked at him and nodded. chani flashed his phone light in sanha's eyes and tried not to laugh.

"stop it, you crackheads," daehwi whispered, raising his hand to hit them.

there was a click, and donghyuck exhaled. "we're in, bitches."

sanha and chani exchanged a silent high five and daehwi followed donghyuck into heechul's office as the peachy-haired boy opened the door as quietly as possible.

"where's the keys, soccer bitch?" daehwi asked as they entered the room.

"in coach's desk," donghyuck replied, taking his hood down and looking around as daehwi shone his phone light in the room. "and i'm not on the team, anymore, bitch."

"still, you were so popular because of it," daehwi remarked as donghyuck slid open the top drawer of coach heechul's desk. "it's what i knew you as. had no idea why you bothered taking bit parts in the musicals back then."