[IV/Thomas/Quattro x F! Shapeshifter Reader] Hide and Seek

By: Selene_Crescent

(Y/N) glanced down from the updrift that was carrying her over her city. She were in her falcon form, of course. Who wouldn't love to soar around Heartland, freely, without needing to run through crowded streets? A very efficient way to travel around.

Though (Y/N) could turn into other animals, she usually got areas wrong, including the length of feathers, tails or sometimes even legs. So she just stuck with a falcon. Plus, Heartland was beautiful when (Y/N) drifted on updrafts around her, all those blinking, multi-colored lights.

Cruising along the winds, with (Y/N)'s keen eyes, she saw the Regional champion, Quattro Arclight, walking through a the dense forest of Heartland's park. I wonder what he's up to. With a deft flip of her wings, she sailed on another breeze, following him.

Slowly, (Y/N) descended towards the ground and swiftly landed on in a tree to turn into human form. After the transformation, she jumped off the rough branch onto the green grass below and slipped through the emerald forest.

"You."

(Y/N) froze, then slowly turned around to meet the speaker. Surprised, she stumbled back a few steps before giving the person a cold glare. "What do you want?" You asked Quattro.

"I want to know where the falcon went when you jumped out of the tree," Quattro pointed to the tree a few feet behind them.

"A falcon?" (Y/N) asked, icily, hiding her unease.

"Don't play dumb. Where's the falcon? You shouldn't hide anything from me," Quattro warned, smirking.

"I told you, I know nothing about what falcon," (Y/N) snapped at him, careful to keep her falcon demeanor in.

"There's no point in hiding," Quattro said in a sing-song voice, "Secrets are meant to be spilled" he shrugged, "so you might as well tell me now."

"I have no secrets," (Y/N) muttered. Quattro eyed her carefully.

"You can tell me," he told (Y/N), giving her a strange look, "I mean, I won't tell anyone else."

"Swear it. Swear it on the life of your family," (Y/N) hissed.

"Chill. I swear on the dumb lives of my family and stuff, yeah, yeah," Quattro rolled his maroon eyes. She gave him a suspicious look. "Fine. I swear it." He tried.

Narrowing (Y/N)'s eyes, she sniffed. "I still don't trust you."

"Why?" Quattro asked, taking a step towards her, "I promised and stuff!" (Y/N) glared at him with your sharp (E/C) eyes.

"Oh I can't imagine why," she said, sarcastically, "Well, first, you frame Shark in the Regionals and no one found out, except me. Oh and the other time when you almost killed Rio once. How do I know you aren't scheming anything?"

Quattro sighed. "Well... Why are you so complicated?" He asked.

"Complicated?" You echoed. "Your the one who's complicated." Quattro looked at (Y/N) weirdly.

"I'm not complicated! Well, maybe I am, but you're more," Quattro protested. (Y/N) laughed, earning a surprised look from Quattro. "Your weird."

"Weird?" (Y/N) asked, genuinely surprised. More of 'Shapeshifter', she thought, then realized that she had a chance to escape so she snapped her fingers in Quattro's face then darted off, leaving him in confusion. (Y/N) heard distant footsteps behind her. Jumping into a tree she turned into her falcon form.

(Y/N) saw Quattro run past, but then he looked up to her tree. He knows? (Y/N) prepared to take off. "Wait," Quattro yelled, "your name! What's your name?" she screeched in reply, tucking your wings in. He wasn't a threat yet. "Please?" Quattro asked.