[Teacher! Yami Yugi x F! Reader] Domino Duelists

By: XxSilver_SwirlxX

Requested by: mermaidfan76

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Yes, I know. I'm great at updating. There are reasons why we haven't been able to update for quiet a while, but rather than giving excuses, I wrote this as a mini novel for the long wait. Keep in mind, we're trying to speed up the pace, and hopefully without further ado, enjoy!

 ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸  

The day was indifferent from the others, when a male with multi-coloured hair walked into the classroom. You were fingering mindlessly on your desk, and despite his wild attire and young age, he didn't catch your interest.

"Good morning everyone," he smiled as he stepped to the board. His voice was more masculine than you'd expected. "I'll be substituting for your teacher, who was injured a few days ago, and is taking time off to heal," he explained.

You felt a small flit of satisfaction at the mention. Of course, you were the one and only cause for the epidemic. The others feared you for the very reason.

"In truth, I am really not much inferior to any of you, so please, call me Atem," the male said warmly. No one was paying attention, but he kept talking. "Since this is an extracurricular class to catch up on dueling skills, I'll be helping you with just that. I think that's enough with introductions, so could someone tell me where you're at"?

There was a surge of fear in the others of four. Their eyes darted around.

You dared to make contact, and with a little smirk, raised your hand.

"Yes, and what's your name?" kindly, Atem asked.

"(Y/N). And we were practicing Tribute Summoning," you said.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," he said, and that was the first time you noticed his eyes were a glazed violet. An odd shade, but you couldn't think more of it. After all, this life was a game of possession to you, and in soon time, you would rule the field once again.

The class continued on a steady road, as Atem walked around, observing each student's ability to Tribute Summon, and helping with adjustments. When he started approaching your seat, you didn't waste any time. With lightning speed, you dropped your leg in the middle of the aisle.

Atem tripped, and caught himself with great air as if he'd done it on purpose.

"Oh, sorry Atem!" you cried, secretly enjoying the rush of power you had inside. Yet something was missing. It wasn't as whole as the other times.

"That's alright," Atem said. "Could you show me your summon"? You nodded, and did just as told. "Perfect, (Y/N)," he smiled. "You've got everything in order". 

He then walked to the front of the room, where he wrote the phrase, Effect Monster.

"I think this is becoming easy for you, so I'd like to show a technique used by some of Domino City's best duelists," he said. "Some monsters have effects, and some in particular are able to Special Summon another monster. Duelists will often combine these effects with different types of summonings," explained Atem.

He turned to the class, and smiled.

"I'll run through some examples".

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

The days dragged on, and each week with the extracurricular class, you failed to have any impact on the teacher. Each time he showed up with more brightness than before, seeming always eager to teach.