[Kaito/Kite x F! Reader] Galaxy of Blue

By: XxSilver_SwirlxX

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Okay, I know this took a really long time-

Selene_Crescent: And by long time we mean about a month

XxSilver_SwirlxX: But we're finally back! I mentioned in our previous chapter I will be continuing this book, even once Anime Oneshots is out. For the current time, we are having issues with our timelines. 

Moving onwards, in this story, (F/D/M) will be an abbreviation for "Favorite Duel Monster". This happens during the end of season 1 of Yugioh ZEXAL

Selene_Crescent: Anyways, nobody wants to read through this technical stuff, so enjoy the oneshot!

 ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸  

Smooth sunlight filtered into the Arclight family castle. You boredly sat around with your brothers, Quinton, Quattro, and Trey. You fingered a (H/C) strand of hair, delicately swirling it into a curl.

Then, you stood up. There was no point wasting time when you had number cards to collect.

"Going anywhere (Y/N)?" Quinton asked. The eldest of your siblings glanced up from his book.

"Just the usual hunt," you shrugged. "If it helps, I'll be back before dinner," you added. That, and the fact you wanted to step into the fresh air. You hadn't been able to enjoy yourself for days and as long as a numbers war still existed, you were certain a frown would last even after the last duel.

Quinton curtly nodded his permission by returning his focus to his novel. You made a move to turn.

"Please, be safe," Trey called. There was a swirl of concern in his emerald eyes.

You stopped. Then nodded.

"I will," you promised. Without a second word, you left into the outerworld.

Fresh air blew against you. The calling of birds sounded nearby, as ocean waves lapped around. The fragrance of seawater settled. Light beamed warmly against you, reflected in your (E/C) eyes.

You could spot people on the mainland. Amongst them, you could sense numbers. You eyed the land determinedly. Let the hunt begin.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

Another number wielder fell before you. You promptly collected the card, then left for them to recollect their memories. You observed the two cards you had already found, and added the third to the collection. At this rate, it would only be a matter of time until the Arclights possessed all of the cards.

You passed through the bustling city. Cars honked to your irritance. Lights flashed vibrantly. You glanced upwards. There was a screen broadcasting the news as it sat attached to towering buildings.

"There has been another series of tragedy," the news lady announced. "Just last night, two men in their early twenties, who had been proclaimed as duelists, had been attacked. When officials moved in, they discovered the victims had been aged to a late eighty," she exclaimed.

You didn't bother much to listen. After all, if the so called attacker did come after you, you were more than capable of defending yourself. You glanced to the number cards in your hand. They already proved enough.

As you neared a traffic jam, your spine tingled. You hid in the closest alleyway. It was murkily dark. You made sure there was no one there. Then, slowly, you took out a hand from underneath your robe.

The (F/C) crest was like a lighthouse glowing in a sea of shadows. The symbol of your power notified you. There were number cards nearby.

You glanced towards the traffic. Cars of all colours were honking at each other. The number cards should be somewhere in there, you thought. You narrowed your gaze. "Where are you, number holder?" you muttered.