[Jonouchi/Joey x F! Reader] Puppy Love

By: XxSilver_SwirlxX

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Here is the fourth one-shot to the Aluminum Countdown Challenge!

Selene_Crescent: How many times will I have to tell you? It's ANIMEllenium!

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Tomorrow, we will be posting a Bakura Ryo/Ryou Bakura chapter for the Aluminum Countdown!

Selene_Crescent: It's ANIMEllenium!

XxSilver_SwirlxX and Selene_Crescent: Enjoy!

  ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸  

From the your desk, (E/C) orbs gazed dreamily, yet anxiously at Joey Wheeler, your childhood friend. You and Joey had acknowledged each other's love for the other, but know, you had the unremovable thought it was time you took your levels of friendship higher. Instead of a girlfriend-boyfriend cliche, your love had been more like two long-lasting friends; caring and playful but never admitive.

"Now, pay attention because this will be on the test," the teacher was saying as he wrote down an algebra equation in chalk.

Seeing as the day was a hazy blank, you had time to think about your affairs. You glanced to the blonde male who sat in front of you in the current math classroom. From your angle of view, it was impossible to tell if he was lazily taking notes or sleeping soundlessly.

You smiled to yourself, being used to Joey's carefree personality. After all, you had grown up with him.

As you watched your math teacher scribble complicated calculations down, your thoughts began to drift with the movement of the chalk. You recalled your younger childhood, where you and Joey had dueled each other, usually resulting in your victory. Yet still, you had grown to admire his determination and willingness to keep trying.

Now, as you looked back at the moment, you wondered; did you have the bravery Joey had, just to tell him what you really felt?

"(Y/N), what is the answer to this question?" the thought snapped you to life. You took a glance around, seeing the equation written on the chalkboard.

"If a + b = c, 3a is less than 2b, and 3c = 9, then what is b + c?" you stared at the expression.

"It's D?" you tried.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

You walked out of the school with an annoyed expression. Joey stood beside you as you two began to walk home together.

"D was a reasonable answer, right?" you asked Joey.

"Nyeh, I guess so," he replied casually. A moment of silence passed. You and Joey crossed the streets, seeing no cars on the normally busy road. The walk was still without sound.

"Hey Joey?" you asked, recalling the earlier thoughts you had.

"Yeah (Y/N)?" he wondered. You were hesitant.

"Well, I guess I just want to say-" A honk interrupted your speech. "What in the world?!" you exclaimed, catching the glimpse of a car speeding by. The wheels accelerated at a top speed, too fast to slow.

"Nyeh! Let's get out of here!" Joey grabbed your wrist in a rushed action, dragging him and yourself out of the driver's path. You didn't stop running until you reached the sidewalk, rushedly regaining your breath. "You better watch it pal!" Joey yelled at the passing vehicle. Then, in a more calmer tone, he asked, "You alrigh' (Y/N)?" he wondered, seeing your panicked expression.

"I am now," you replied, breathlessly. He helped you stand straighter.

"So what were you going to say?" Joey asked in a wondering tone. You thought about it, then replied,

"It's nothing," you answered with a smile. Joey didn't look convinced, but he took your word.

"If you say so," he shrugged. You beamed. Maybe someday you'd have the courage to tell him your true feelings, but for now, your life lingered in puppy love.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕 ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°° 

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Have a stunning day/night everyone!