🎃[Dark Yugi/Yami Yugi x F! Reader] Spirit Guide🎃

By: XxSilver_SwirlxX

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Happy Halloween everyone!

Selene_Crescent: To celebrate (even if you don't, which is completely fine) we put together a little one-shot! No dark themes, surprisingly. This happens at the VERY end of Yugioh DM. And by that we mean when the generation ends. All 5 seasons of it. We won't stop you if you read on without finishing, but we warned you, there are some spoilers! Oh, and may or may not make sense. Okay, enough blabbering, have a happy Halloween, and we hope you enjoy!

(WARNING: INCLUDES MAJOR SPOILERS TO YUGIOH DM SEASON 5)

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸ 

The night was dark. Quiet, but fully lengthful. The only scent that drifted through the neighborhood was the feeling dusk brought.

Street lanterns were flickering occasionally in the nonchalant breeze. Homely lights seeped into the stillness. A gravestone sat on its face, just outside your house.

A small breath of relief escaped your lips. You settled the blade down, and stepped back to look at your work.

Between the slits carved in the orange fruit, you could make out a horrific face. Exactly what you had intended. An hours of work achieved your perfection.

You brushed a strand of hair out of your face, and walked over to the sink. Warm tap water ran between your fingers like trickling sound. You listened. Quiet lurked outside.

Then, you let the water cease. You gently picked up the pumpkin and headed to the door. Footsteps echoed the entire way.

They were soft, and chanting lores of past. These stories were the reason you were really here. For another chance.

Lulling legends stepped inside your head. It was said the light in the pumpkin would guide wandering spirits, and ward off the darkness. That was what you were hoping for. Another chance. To see him.

The door opened with a creak. You lowered the lantern to the ground and lit with a match, then blew it out. Smoke wisped and was gone. The orange light flickered against your face.

You looked around hopefully for a few good seconds. Nothing. You sighed, and stood taller, walking over to a fallen tombstone on your front lawn. You raised it up, and saw the name.

In memory of Pharaoh Atem of Egypt. May the Spirit World welcome you with open arms, and for us to always be waiting.

A little smile touched your lips, as if seeing the name brought you one step closer to bringing him back. How ridiculous, ghosts didn't exist. But you were hopeful still.

Solemnly, you made your way back to your house, closing the door behind you. The wind still rustled outside, and the lights beamed through. In the midst of shadows, stood a silent figure, smiling at your wake.

His velvet cape blew, and his hair stood on point.

"Thank you. (Y/N)," the words came. "We shall meet again one day. I promise you. Until then, may the Living World treat you well". And he left. Footsteps hanging, and violet eyes deeming. And the fortune that one day would not be a forever away.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕 ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°° 

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Thanks for reading, and have a Happy Halloween everyone!

Selene_Crescent: If you liked this one-shot, let us know by voting ;) (I know, amazing right? The vote button has more uses than to give bragging rights) Okie, now onto the explaining, cause we gotta do that. Basically, the reason why we carve pumpkins and put candles in them is to help spirits find their way. But not the bad ones. That's what the scary face is for. There's a lot more to it, so you can do more research if you want, because I am NOT writing an essay on it

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Once more, thank you all very much for reading, and have a great Halloween!

(BONUS! Would you rather carve a pumpkin, or draw on a pumpkin?)