[(Inheritance Cycle) IV/Thomas/Quattro x Elf! F! Reader]

By: Selene_Crescent and XxSilver_SwirlxX

Requested by: AnnAdrias7

XxSilver_SwirlxX: This is our first crossover one-shot started by Selene_Crescent, and ended by me. We never discussed how it would end, so may be a little off from what Selene expected. Anyways, we hope you like it!

  ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸  

Contains mild spoilers from the book Eragon, written by Christopher Paolini. The end has all the meanings of unknown words. ;P

(Backstory: That sentence above has been edited by XxSilver_SwirlxX, because she thought it was "informal")

XxSilver_SwirlxX: Y U NO FORMAL?

Selene_Crescent: because. Formal SUCKS. I had enough formal doing my essays! (Which reminds me, I still have 6 paragraphs and a speech due next tuesday and I haven't started)

XxSilver_SwirlxX: One does not simply write without formality

Selene_Crescent: Who else thinks XxSilver_SwirlxX is Quinton?

  ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸  

(Y/N)'s footsteps trickled through the alleyway, her heart palpitating in her chest. The brick walls closed around her in three directions. Dead end. I needed to defend myself sooner or later, anyway. Whirling around as her mind searched for the perfect word in the ancient language to stop her pursuer, her silky (H/C) hair flipped around her striking features. Her (E/C) eyes seem to glow in the darkness that surrounded her.

"Jierda!" the cement ground in front of her exploded, blocks of earth flew from it. Holding up her arm to block off the clouding debris, she conjured a shield. "Skölir edtha," she commanded as the air around her shimmered with a slight disturbance, the fallen blocks of rock bouncing off her forcefield.

Once the dust cleared, it revealed a deep, cavernous trench in between her and her stalker. Time to strike. She looked guiltily at the number holder, then thought, My dragon.

"Duel!" The two yelled. Her assassinators duel gazer and duel-disc glowed through the darkness as her left iris turned (colour). A (F/C) mark crawled down her cheek; she was ready to duel.

***

(Y/N) took the assassin's number card, returning the person back to their normal state. "Thank you, have a nice day," (Y/N) muttered before turning around to walk away.

Shivering, she retreated to the rooftops, lifting herself with ancient magic. She sat down on Heartland Tower's roof and watched over the still bustling city. The wind tumbled in short breezes, lightly blowing her (H/C) hair. A smoky sun clouded the sky in a dark haze. Below, (Y/N) could make out the crowded city, glowing with vibrant lights. Busy citizens dashed by, seeming completely ignorant of each other.

A breeze softly brushed (Y/N)'s hood, hiding her long elvish ears. Living amongst humans, she had eventually mastered their speech, along with her native ancient language.

She saw herself as a silent protector of Heartland City, never noticed but always active. It was her home, where her loyalty lied. The city citizens had never known the dangers that lurked in the outerworld, and (Y/N) didn't want them to. It's too dangerous. Just a flock of urgals could easily conquer this entire city, (Y/N) would remind herself. That's why I have to be here. To save my homeland.

Her glistening (E/C) eyes brushed the rooftops of other Heartland buildings. She landed on a small section of the city, before a tear began to puddle in her eye. She recalled the mighty roars, the fierce talons, and the diehard loyalty her dragon possessed, all faded in time. She tried to let go, but the murked memories continuously haunted her. (Y/N) wanted to remind herself she would get her dragon back eventually, but each second apart slowly creased a tear in her heart. Where are you now? She wished she could call out to her loyal friend.