Twenty Nine: Finally!

Elizabeth's POV

I push open the door and step into an unfamiliar room. I am sure that I never, once have stepped into the room.

His mom's room.

He always had forbidden me to go in there, but never told me why, and I never asked.

It's quite pleasant room. With a queen sized bed, curtained windows on one wall, other wall having lots of pictures and one side a big wadrobe, it looks quite pretty for a lady like her to live in.

His mom, I remember, was the sweetest mom I've ever had met. She reminded me of my foster mother. She had this peaceful aura around her that everyone felt at home while talking to her.

I push all the thoughts aside. I don't have time for this. I start walking towards her wadrobe, and with trembling fingers, open the door and start looking for ripped pages.

Her wadrobe was quite empty, except for some pictures, here and there, and some clothes of her, which Kayden might have kept in her memories.

Nope. Nothing in here.

I start rummaging through everything. From under the bed, to behind the curtains, I search each and every corner of the house.

There is still nothing in here.

I walk towards the window and look outside. From this room, I can see the room of the house in front. My mother's room. Hah! So that's how they might have been gossiping for all these years. But, to be honest, I've never really seen my mom and his mom getting along, despite their children being besties.

I was about to give up, when I saw something glistening in my mother's room. Huh?

I pick up my bag and run out of the house, into my house.

I start searching for the key to my house. Kayden's house was left unlocked, but mine wasn't. I locked it and went to Austin.

What the...

Where are the keys?

I'm sure I packed them.

But...

"Are you looking for these?" a voice calls from behind.

I turn and look at a small child, with blue eyes and blonde hair looking up at me, holding the keys in his hand.

I nod and he gives the keys to me.

"You dropped it here, while you went inside that house." he points downwards.

I look through my bad and pull out a lollipop and hand it to the child as a way to say 'Thanks'.

I was saving it for later, but this child has done a big thing for me.

His eyes light up at the sight of lollipop and he runs towards somewhere, which, a moment later, I find out, he ran towards his mother. Hmm... She is quite familiar.

She-

"Elizabeth?" she walks towards me.

I suddenly recognize the lady.

"Mrs. Moore?"

Without a word she throws her arms around me.

"Uh..." I hug back, uncertain of doing anything else.

"Where have you been? Oh sorry! How have you been? We all missed you so much. Not long after his....death...you moved houses. You left without any trace. We were all worried about you."

"Mrs. Moore. I am okay. Thank you for worrying about me. I'm sorry for making you all worried."

She hugs me again. "Okay, I seem to be holding you. I'm sure you want to visit your old house. Go in, I won't disturb you." and she waves and leaves.

I open the door and run in towards mom's room.

I search for that thing and finally find it under the bed. I pull it out to see a notebook with a shiny golden rose design. Isn't this my mom's diary? But... It's blank. As soon as I opened it, many pages fell down.

Those ripped pages!

But... What are they doing here?

I shrug the thought away, sit on the bed and start reading them, one by one.

Unfolding their secrets, one by one.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

And now, let the games begin...

Okay, no.

From the next chapter, there will be 4 pages, each with one secret. So, are you ready for some excitement?

And I have a question...

Should I write one Kayden's POV book after this?

Because in my opinion, sometimes, a sequel is actually not that nice as compared to the actual book.

So, if anyone is going to read it, then only I'll make it.

Answer here: ___________

Love ya!

Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya