Forty Eight: Sleep..

Elizabeth's POV

"How long is it gonna take?" I ask stretching my arms, although there was not much space to do so.

"Why? Are you tired?" he steals a glance at me and then looks back at the road.

I nod, hoping he would see me from his peripheral vision because I am too lazy to speak.

He chuckles "There is a blanket kept on the backseat. Take it and sleep for a bit."

I was about to climb back, when a question suddenly hits me. I look at him. "Do you have your license yet? Just asking."

"Uh...." He ignores me.

"Oi! Answer the question" I punch him in the side, making him lose balance, and the car swerves to right.

"Shit! I am sorry!" I squeal.

He sighs "I don't really have a license yet. But I haven't been arrested yet. So, we're good, I guess?"

"Are you serious!? Apply for a license as soon as you go back."

He nods "Yes ma'am."

I smile and get up, and turn back between the two seats, towards the back seat trying to catch hold of the blanket. But it's a bit too far from my reach.

I hear a coughing sound beside me. "W-what are y-you d-doing?" Matt speaks.

I come back to my original position "Uh... trying to get the blanket of course. Why?"

"Uh... Do you have to go back like t-this? I can stop the car, you know."

"No need" I shake my head "It's just a little bit far. I'll get it. You keep on driving okay?"

He nods.

I go back into my struggling position.

"I-I can s-stop the c-car. "

"No need" I say again.

I put my leg on my seat and push my body a bit more forward, finally managing to get hold of the blanket.

I return to my seat, and sigh in relief.

Unexpectedly, another sigh is heard along with mine. I raise an eyebrow at Matt "What happened? Why are you so against me climbing towards the back seat?"

"I-I am n-not against it. I-I was just saying."

I sigh again. I decide to drop the topic because I am too tired to find out. I pull the blanket over me and let sleep engulf me.

"11 hours."

I suddenly wake up with a jolt.

"What?! 11 hours are left?! Are you serious?! We have already been driving for, I don't know, 15 hours already!"

"16" he calmly says.

"What!?" why am I even shouting? "How long do we have to go for this antitode? And... Where is this antitode? You never told me."

"Okay. Miss curious. It's time for you to sleep. Even a blind person can tell that you need sleep right now." he, with his one hand puts the blanket over me.

I lay my head back on the seat and let deep slumber take over me, which didn't remain deep for long because of how jumpy the car was and how bad the road was....

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Another chapter.... There you go...

And... I'm too tired so I won't say much. Schools have started and the workload is killing me.

So...
Diya out