❤Epilogue❤

Elizabeth's POV

"Emily!!! Stop running around! Yep. You only. Stop running around!!!!"

How can a child be so energetic?

"MATTHEW!!! CARE TO HELP A LITTLE?" I shout, hoping that someone would hear my plea.

A loud 'Nah' comes from the bedroom.

I try again...

"Kayden...Can you help me please?"

No response...

Isn't my life just great?

Ding-dong.

Finally!!! The long awaited bell.

I pick the bags from the chair, and the child as well. And opening the door with my foot, throw them all outside, with the man, and close the door.

Sigh...

Now, children will go to school and eat the brains of their teachers. Not mine.

"Mom...I am heading outside. No need to worry. Just heading out with a bunch of friends..." I turn at the voice to see Kayden standing, looking bored.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm not your old grandma. I don't need to worry, because you and I both know what will happen if you do something illegal..." I put my hands on my waist.

He nods and walks out.

I remove the apron, shoving it to the side and walking towards the room. Along the way, I spot our family picture. Me, Matthew, Emily, our 5 year old daughter and Kayden, our 12 year old kid, who acts like 25.

It's been 13 and a half years since we have been married. It was literally the best day of my life, aside from that day, when we had won a lottery and got a trip to Disneyland.

Suddenly a pair of hands grab me from behind. I turn around to come face to face with Matthew. Just seeing him is enough to make me smile.

And a smile is returned back...

"So, looking at the photo, are we? I know I am handsome, but still, you have the real thing, so why care for a photo?"

I roll my eyes at his comment. His ego is still the same.

I jump on his back and he carries me to the bedroom, putting me on the bed. He hovers over me and puts his hands on both sides of me, staring into my eyes.

"You are so beautiful..." he whispers.

I keep staring into his eyes, making his smile turn into a frown. "Is there something on my face?"

I shake my head and speak, "Its just that...I still can't believe that its true. I mean, after what we have gone through, we are here, together, living happily. Sometimes..."

I get up from underneath him and sit down on the bed, him doing the same. I continue, "Sometimes, I feel like you, Emily and Kayden will all disappear. Like, I will touch you, and you will shatter into a heap of dust. I-"

"STOP THAT!!!" Matt suddenly interrupting me, made me look at him. "Why can't you just stay happy!? I have given my entire existence to you, just so that I can see you happy! There is no me without you. DO YOU THINK BELIEVING ALL THIS IS EASY FOR ME AS WELL?!! So... Please," he is in tears, "Be happy." he smiles through his tears.

His smile, as well as his tears are contagious. I smile through my tears as well, and hug him. "Thank you for being with me, for staying alive for me."