Sixty: Truth

Elizabeth's POV

I look at Matthew, lying on the hospital bed, with so many bruises on his skin. His pale white skin will now be scarred with the marks from the past...

I smile sadly, and wipe the tear that has escaped.

We somehow managed to convince the doctors to not get the police involved since both the criminals were now dead.

Yes... I have finally accepted that my mother was a criminal, a murderer.

Truth always hurts. But, accepting the truth, rather than denying it and living in the shadow of lies, makes the person stronger. Its gives them the power to move on.

Beside him, lies Kayden. Doctors said that he has been a severe patient of mental abuse, and excessive feeding of chemicals has ruined his state of mind. But, somehow, like its a miracle, he managed to remain sane.

But he will need some psychologist's help... That boy has gone through a lot during his entire childhood, much more than what one could imagine.

They say, that wounds heal with time. But, do they actually heal completely? Don't, each time, they leave a scar? Reminding us, of the painful memories, of those dull nights filled with endless screams...

It's been a week since we have escaped from that hell... As soon as we escaped, the first thing Matt asked me was "Are you okay?"

Those three words had hidden words, which he wasn't able to speak, fearing that his already broken heart would shatter into pieces if he heard the truth.

So I told him half the story of what had actually happened to me.

I only told him about how my mother never fed me any sort of drugs. All the time, I was faking the hatred towards Matt, in order to get close to my mother. But, in the end, I was shocked to find out that she also wanted to escape.

She thought that Mrs. Linda was a psycho, and wanted to stay away from her, but couldn't do so, fearing that she would harm her as well....

So, we joined hands.

And she and me helped Matt, because we knew that he would be able to find a way out, with just a bit of help.

Sometimes, truth reveals much more sides of the situation, making you see it from a whole new perspective. Somethings appear beautiful from far, but are nothing but full of destruction from up close. Like a star, which twinkles brightly in the night sky, but is just a ball of light, which will burn you when you get close.

That is what I am, for Matthew.

A star.

It is best if I stay away from these two brothers. The more someone gets involved, the more they are bound to get hurt.

Truth gives life, but it can shatter one, if the heart is fragile.

Matthew's heart is made of glass. It's very beautiful and pure, but as soon as I try to feel it with my thorny touch, it shatters right into my hand, hurting both him and me.

I turn around, not wanting to disturb their peaceful sleep from my poisonous heart.

But, as if my head moved on its own, I turn to look at Matthew one more time. Upon seeing his angelic face, sleeping peacefully, I am instantly reminded of my tear filled horrendous face.

Matthew...

I will make sure, that you never get to know the whole truth behind me...

Should I extend the story a bit? Or just end it with few m9re chapters? I think, that extending it will unnecessarily ruin the story, so give me your opinion

Toodle-do!
Diya!