Forty One: His Eyes...

Elizabeth's POV

My heart melts to see him so helpless. I know what it feels like to be abused. I have been slapped, kicked, throttled till no sound came out by my drunk mother. I can't even imagine what she and his aunt would've done to him together.

"She had this fire burning in her eyes. Fire of hatred. She always slapped us, rarely ever gave us food, which was mere bread and water. And whenever we did any mistake she would try to burn us using burning coal. She...broke our bones, she even made my brother blind. "

"What!?" I look at him.

He lays his head in my lap, muttering something and clears his throat.

"I clearly remember that one day, we were...

Flashback

Matthew's POV

" YOU! HOW DARE YOU BREAK MY ANTIQUE CHINESE VASE, MATTHEW!? " Aunt Linda was furious, looking at the vase, which is now nothing but mere pieces.

"I-I'm K-Kayden." my brother stutters. I just want to go and hug him, seeing his tears, makes me want to cry too.

"DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A DAMN!? YOU... COME HERE!" she grabs his hand and pulls him into a room, Elizabeth's mom following her.

The room of horrors. It was the room where she kept all her weapons to abuse us. We had never once went in there.

A comforting hand rests on my shoulder.

I look up.

" What are you going to do now?" the maid speaks. She has been also trapped here. She is paid enormously for working here, but she had lost her freedom.

I look at closed door, through which they both went in.

I make up my mind.

I have to do this!

Or else... My brother...

I remove the maid's hand from my shoulder and start walking towards the door. I pull the door to see it was locked. I start to shout.

"Please! Open the door! Leave him! Please!" I was on the verge of tears, when the door was pulled open and stood there Elizabeth's mom..

"Lindy, look." she giggles "The other twin has come here to save his brother. What do you think we should do with him?" she tapps her chin in fake thought.

"Oh! I know." she pulls me inside, closing the door, "Let's beat them both. My hands are itching. You can have that one, I'll help myself with this." she throws a grin towards me, which was purely evil.

After a while, all that could be heard of was sound of whips, screams and laughs.

I suddenly find an opportunity and take hold of the whip. I get up and look her in the eyes. I wonder how heartbroken Elly would be if she would now about this.

She tries to take back the whip, but no avail. "Stop looking at me like that! Look down! Look down!"

But did I listen? No. My glare intensified, to the poing that I didn't even notice her pulling out a sharp pointed object.

It all happened so fast.

She swung the object, Kayden struggled his way out of Aunt Linda's grip, he pushes me out of the way and...

An ear piercing scream is heard.

Flashback end

I.. I don't even know what to say. So I did what I thought was right. I pulled him and kissed his forehead. And then I kissed both his eyes.

"Don't cry. Your eyes are so beautiful. Don't ruin them"

"B-But what about his eyes, he lost them because of me. Had I not tried to act like 'I can do anything', he would have at least had his eyesight with him."

Is it really his fault?

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

Ok! So I have 3 things to say.

1) Thank you pineapple_parabatai for the amazing cover above or left, wherever you see it. I love it! Damn! When I saw all the pics, I literally cried. The house on fire, the blue journal, "Shine like a star" its too much for me to handle. I can't believe that I came till here.

2) I won't be able to update till 16th as I am going on a trip with my friends, and I don't think there will be net there. But before I go (on 7th) I will update one more chapter.

3) Now this is important.
Okay, so listen up everybody. I'm thinking (I'm still thinking and thinking) that I maybe or maybe not enter my book for Watty's 2018. I'm a new writer(tho I have written 2 more books, but, one is incomplete, and other was for a competition so...), and I don't think I really have much chance to win, but I do want to participate.

So, I want to hear your opinions on it. Please, just tell me if I should do this or not. I'm really not comfortable doing this on my own. 😥 I need support. And no, I'm not trying to act all victim and shit to gain sympathy or pity. NO!

I'm just,... Really insecure. In real life too. But wattpad has given me a chance to present my ideas, that I dream and think in the shower or while I'm on the bus. So I want or not want to enter.

Should I do this?

Please comment your thoughts...

*sigh* Should I wait for a bit more and improve my writing skills?

Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya