Fifty Four: Golden Envelope

Matthew's POV

It's been 5 days since we have come here. Elizabeth's condition is becoming worse day by day. I don't even know what kind of chemicals are being fed to her.

But... Finally, I have located where the antitode for Kayden might be. I will get out of here as soon as I get my hands on them.

"Ya! What are you thinking, pest? You don't deserve to think. Got me? You are nothing but a piece of trash."

I stop my tears as I look at Elizabeth, sitting on the chair, her hands tied at the back, and another drug shoved down her.

Ow!

I rub my head and look down at the slipper that had hit me.

"Do your work! And look down. Do you want Elizabeth to suffer more than she already is?" Aunt Linda smirks and looks towards Emma who is constantly making Elizabeth drink that disgusting thing.

Its all my fault!

I continue wiping the mud off the shelves, when suddenly I see the glimpse of a golden paper. What is it?

I look around the room, and see that Aunt Linda is watching me. Maybe next time.

"Oh! Who is calling?" Aunt Linda picks up the phone and looks at the caller ID. This is my chance!

"Oh! Nevermind. Hey! You, do you work!"

Or not...

I peep inside the room

I peep inside the room. Good. No one is here.

I tip toe inside and quietly open the drawer. Aha! I was sure I saw something shiny.

A golden envelope?

What is it?

I open it and look inside...

List of Drugs (these names are just me randomly typing words ^^)

Acalutin
Jasperhill
Exe101
Flowkart
Tancos
Alturin

There were many such names. W-What is all this? I stare at it wide eyed.

As I continue reading...

Antitodes...
Hidden in the garage, second drawer. Key is under Linda's pillow.

Bull's eye! Finally I can free Elizabeth.

I tip toe towards Aunt Linda's room, and see her sleeping peacefully

I tip toe towards Aunt Linda's room, and see her sleeping peacefully. Hah! Not for long...

I search for the key under her pillow..

Umm... Aha! Here it is!

But before I could escape, I saw movement from my peripheral vision. I-Is she awake?!

I quickly hide under the bed.

I can feel someone moving on the bed. My heartbeat is so loud, I just hope that she can't hear it.

I place my hand on my heart. Suddenly nostalgia hits me. My heart was beating more faster than this when Elizabeth said those three magical words to me.

I sigh quietly. I hope I will be able to get her out of here someday.

Suddenly the movement stops...

I sigh in relief and wait for a few minutes before coming out of the bed.

I quietly run out of the room, to the garage.

It's locked!

I start pushing the door. Harder. Harder.

I push it once more and the door flies open. Finally!

I pull out a flashlight from my pocket, as I try to close the door without making any sound.

Drawers... drawers...drawers... Aha! There they are!

I run towards them and start opening all the second drawers, until I find a black box. I open it, and see two papers in it. I put one in my pocket as I open the other.

You imbecile jerk! How dare you defy us!? Now you will pay for your sins.

I drop the paper in horror. It's a trap!

"I knew you would come here. Linda is too trusting, to let you off the leash. But, I'm not her."

I turn around at the sound of the voice, and my face turns pale.

What is she doing here?

Oops! Busted.

Btw, apparently I found out that I had made ch 40 something twice, and accordingly all the chapters after it were wrongly numbered. Why? Because this gurl here is a bit too stupid!

Anyways, that error is now corrected.

So... Get ready for some action!
Diya out!