Sixty Four: The end that is near..

Elizabeth's POV

Ow! I drop down to my knee and inspect my toe. It was bleeding. Great!

"You were always the clumsy one, weren't you?" Matthew laughs and picks me up bridal style. I am still not used to him picking me up like this. This causes my cheeks to burn red.

And, it is not long, before Matt notices it too. This results in a huge smirk on his face...

"So, Mrs. Brown? Still not used to us being intimidate?" he winks.

I glare at him, "What do you mean by 'Mrs. Brown'?" I won't deny. It feels nice to be refered as that. But, there is no way I'll admit it to him.

His smirk deepens...

"I don't know. You tell me." he throws me up a bit, like I am a baby, and catches me in mid flight, his hands on my waist, and my legs, around his waist, so that I dont fall down.

Oh! So he thinks, he has the upper hand, huh?

Well, two can play this game. You don't know, boy. You are a mere player, but I am the coach.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and look at him, smiling coyly.

But, before I could have done anything, he drops his hands, making me fall down, as my grip was loose on him.

"Well, if you continue this, we might not be able to finish the setting up. So, get up and help me." he starts picking up the boxes and moving them.

I just mimic him behind his back and start bringing all the boxes in. Today, we have finally moved to Matt's dad's villa. I was quite uncomfortable at first, living with him, but he has proved that he will respect my choices and won't do anything which goes against my will.

Besides, our rooms are different. I take my box and open the door with my back. And gasp in shock...

The room is already decorated. With beautiful pink walls, a queen sized bed, a wooden study desk, with flowers on it, a wardrobe and a bedside table. It's not very fancy, but very comfy.

"You like it?" I turn around at the voice and smile, "Yes. Of course I do."

"Um...Why don't you leave this? You must be tired. Let's go to a restaurant or something, and grab a bite."

I nod enthusiastically. I am so hungry.

At Mc Donalds

Sniffffffff....

"Are you a dog?" Matt laughs extremely hard.

"What...It just smells too good here! Don't blame me." I pout.

Somehow, this makes him laugh even more harder.

"By the way," he continues after sobering up, "Have you decided what to do about school? I mean, at this point, even I can't pass. Should we just repeat? We can put any fake reason, right?"

I nod "Let's say, personal issue, for me. For you, we'll say that you have gotten a serious case of diarrhea." I start laughing.

He rolls his eyes, "I'll just say that my brother was ill, so I had to leave. See, I won't have to lie, neither I would have to say anything." he shrugs.

I nod, thrice today.

I wonder how Kaira is doing...I hope she is happy.

"Um...The real reason I brought you here was something else..." I look towards Matt, who was scratching the back of his neck, his head down.

"Yeah... What is it?" I look at him, as he gets up, circles around the table and bends down on one knee in front of me.

LE GASP!!!!

HOLY SHIT! IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

He looks down...Touches my shoe "where did you get this?"

WHAT?!!!!

He looks at my shocked face amd starts laughing. Ugh...Damn him.

When he sobers up, he looks seriously into my eyes, amd produces a box from behind his back...

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING?

"Elizabeth White, you have always been by my side, through my worst to my best. You are the one, for whom my heart still continues to beat. My each heartbeat, my each breath, it belongs to you. So," he opens the box, "Will you do me the honour and make me the luckiest man alive?"

Blank...

That is what I am right now.

"Oh god say something. I'm dying here."

I still stare at him wide eyed.

"Okay, now you are literally asking for it." he keeps the box on the table, gets up, grabs my face and slams his lips onto mine.

It isn't long before I melt into the kiss...

After we break apart...I give him his answer...

"No."

That is it

That is it. Last chapter. Hehe, I know, I am evil. Leaving you at a cliffhanger. Wait for the epilogue, it will be up anytime soon.

Toodle-do!!!!
Diya