Thirty Six: Bonus Chapter 3 ❤

Kaira's POV

She must have been so hurt. All those secrets suddenly thrown onto her face... I can't even imagine how hard it must be for her.

But, looking at her, sleeping peacefully, I wonder if her courage is in the least affected. I think not.

I have always envied her. I mean, who wouldn't. She has this happy-go auro around her that everyone is drawn to her. And me? Always trying to look cool and confident by hiding who I really am.

She has never once tried to hide her true self. I remember the day Matthew came to our school, she just shouted and asked for his name, without any second thought.

I can never do that.

I still cannot forget the day she came to our school...

Flashback 2 years ago...

"Yo, loser! Why don't you just take your hideous face and get out of my sight?" Chloe, one year senior, looked into my eyes, hatred burning in them.

What did I ever do for her to hate me so much?

"Ya! Are you deaf!? Get out of my way." and with that, she pushes me down on the cafeteria floor.

Great! Why can't I ever say something to her?

Oh! I know. Because if I ever say something, they'll make my already miserable life, more of a living hell.

" STOP! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?"

Huh? We all look up to see the new student standing, with anger written all over her face.

She offers me her hand and I take it to stand up.

"Get lost, newbie! This is between me and her."

"I'm not newbie. My name is Elizabeth!"

"Okay, queen Elizabeth!" Chloe fakes a bow "What may I do to please you?"

Everyone in the cafeteria start laughing.

I see Elizabeth's wrists curling into a fist. Oh! Oh! Rest in Peace Chloe!

And without a single word Elizabeth swings her fist and catch Chloe in her nose. Aw man! She's doomed.

"What the hell!? How dare you?" she cups her nose and runs away.

I must thank her. I move towards where she was standing. "Than-"

"Wow! You are so cool!"
"Will you be my friend?"
"It was a good punch."
"Can you teach me how to punch like this?"

Wow... She's just came here and now...she has all the attention. If only I had that. She is standing over there, where I have always dreamed of standing.

Flashback end

I remember, then asking her to be my friend and teach me how to gather such attention. She was still oblivious of the social talent she had. So... I used it and became the girl of everyone's dreams, as Chloe transferred to another school only a few months later.

I had always tried to make sure that she would never know about how good she can be at making friends. I always, some way or the other, told her that beside me, no one would ever befriend her. I made sure that she won't ever leave me and snatch the popularity that I had gained by then.

But,... Deep in my heart, I had always been aware, that Elizabeth deserves a much more better bff than me, a girl who's just always been depriving her of her true popularity.

I have always let my insecurities rule my head. But no more. I cannot go denying what I really want.

A true friend.

And that's Elizabeth for me.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

I think you now know that Kaira isn't really as mean as I showed her in the beginning.

She's just a bit... More than a bit insecure, and such insecurities make us do things, which we might regret afterwards.

I know that because I have a best friend who is really insecure (though she doesn't show it, but I can see through her cover) which sometimes makes her do things, which are not quite right.

So I just want everyone to know that you don't have to be insecure about your abilities. Each one of us is unique in thier own special way. Think about it, there is no other you in this whole universe. So, yoj are unique.

Phew! Quite a long speech may I say...

Be positive my unique gurlls!
Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya

P.S. I'm thinking about making a book for Kaira.