Thirty Nine: Night Together

Elizabeth's POV

"M-My mom? B-But how?" suddenly the diary pages come to my mind.

"It was all because of her.... That her mother set fire on my house and killed my mother!"

That's what it said in them. So it's not in the least surprising.

But still, hearing it from his mouth, it's still heartbreaking.

But it is the truth.

"Yes. It is the truth. I am sorry that you have to bear through it, but I cannot change the past. If I had the power, believe me, we wouldn't have been sitting here trying to control our tears."

"So...Aunt Linda.."

"Matt." I stop him, looking at the sky "I think it's going to rain soon. I think we should head inside."

He nods and gets up, dusting the dirt off his pants. He holds my hand in his bigger ones and we start moving towards the house.

He stops in front of a room and pushes the door open. The room was quite beautiful. It was simple yet elegant.

Peach coloured walls, with one wall being full window and the one opposite to it was wallpaper.

There was a single king sized bed in the middle of the room, a wadrobe, a desk and a full body length mirror to go along with it. On one of the walls, there was a door, which most probably, was the bathroom.

He falls upon the bed and looks at me, as if asking me if I wanted him to tell me more or stop. And I chose the latter...

"I think it's enough for me to comprehend in one day. And it's quite late. We should probably head to bed."

"Okay."

I look around, uneasily. He sensed my uneasiness and asked me if something was wrong.

"Umm....where...where will... Where will I have to sleep?"

The question seems to have taken him aback. Light blush crawls upon his cheeks as he whispers, "Y-You can sleep with me. I-I mean, s-sleep beside me. It's not m-much problem. We a-are in l-love after all."

The thought of lying beside him makes me blush ten times deeper than him. He looks at me and smirks.

"So... Is the little princess nervous to sleep with my handsome self?" I am taken aback with his sudden boost in confidence.

"Shut up! I-I'm not n-nervous. I can s-sleep beside you." I shout, or well, try to shout.

His smirk deepens and he gets up and pulls me down with him. I look up to him and his smirk changes to a soft smile "Don't worry. I won't do anything that would harm or hurt your feelings, my princess."

His words seem to calm me a bit.

I lean into his chest, while he keeps his arms around my shoulders.

And soon, we both fall asleep to the sound of each other's heartbeats, not caring that we still haven't changed.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

This chapter was mainly there for them to have some rest. Phew! Having a lot of problems is one problem too.

So, I thought, why not just let them rest in each other's loving arms.

My book is reaching to a 300 hundred votes *wipes a tear* I can't believe it. So, I'll shout out to all my fellow voters in the next chapter!

Woohooo!

Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya