Forty Five: Gun or Love

Matthew's POV

G-GUN?

I look at Kayden to see him with the same shocked face that probably mirrors mine.

What are they planning?

"So...listen up both of you. This test is for you to prove yoursleves worthy of our trust." I really want to puke at Aunt Linda's voice. "We cannot manage to keep both of you with us, under our care. So, the game is simple. One remains, other dies."

The heck?

"The rules are simple too." Elizabeth's mother continues, "both of you are holding a gun, which can be used to shoot the other person, only once. Which means, you have one chance to prove yourself and use the trainings we gave you. And just so that this thing can be a little bit in your favour, we will both leave this room. But do remember, you have to shoot at any cost, and it must hit a body, or, we will shoot you ourselves."

"So! I hope the game is clear. And yeah, don't think you are off the leash. There are hidden CCTVs here. So we will be watching you, but after the game is over." Aunt Linda smiles "Good Luck my boys" she blows a kiss.

What!?

This cannot be happening!

I look at Kayden. Do I really have to do this?

Both the ladies leave the room and the only sound of door locking is heard before everything becomes dead silent.

Will Kayden shoot me? No way! He won't shoot me, right?

But my thoughts were proven wrong as Kayden holds the gun up aiming straight for me.

"K-kayden? Don't do this. I-I'm your brother. D-Don't."

I have to make a decision.

Shoot or retreat?

But the smirk that Kayden held gave me my answer.

Former.

I hold the gun up aiming for him.

I must do this. If he can, then I can too. But... What if he is just messing with me? He can do that.

I try my luck once again.

"Kayden. You cannot do this. I-I'm your brother. We came out of the same womb, on the same day, at the same time. You cannot break this bond that we have. We were kept away from each other for so long. Finally, we have found the chance to prove ourselves to each other. To prove our love for each other. So please, don't ruin it. I know you love me, as much as I love you"

"Shut up, you hypocrite!" he shouts, making me retreat two steps back due to shock "You don't love me. You only love yourself and Elizabeth. I know, if I retreated, you will shoot this bullet straight through my head. You are the biggest freaking hypocrite I've ever met. Stop with all your shit, and play the game."

Saying so, he holds the gun up again, this time aiming for my heart.

"I am aiming towards something you never had."

After his comment, I hold up the gun too. My hands are shaking but I have to do this. I aim for his heart too and close my eyes.

And pull the trigger.

Sorry for the frequent POV change..

Kayden's POV

He is doing exactly what I want.

As soon as he closed his eyes, I turn the gun so that it points towards me.

And then...

Two gun shots are heard and one person falls dead on the ground.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

This is too heartbreaking, even for me as a writer. T-T

Anyways, I have participated in Rose Gold Awards by Rosegold_Committee1 and I encourage you to participate too.

Now, there might be a bit slow updates, since I'm going to start editing my book a bit for The Watty's. No major change, just grammatical errors.

But I'll try my best to update.

Diya out.