Forty Nine: His Sun...

Matthew's POV

I think it is wrong.

I should not be doing this.

What will she think of me when she would know the truth?

But... I would let her escape before anything terrible happens, right? I will gladly sacrifice myself so that she remains safe.

I glance towards the angel sleeping peacefully beside me. Seeing her makes me realize what I am in front of her. Nothing.

She is like the sun, caressing my darkened soul with her endless light. But I am afraid that I will be burned if I get too close to her. That, or my darkness will perish her light forever.

So, I must maintain my distance. I must not let my dark past drag her into the deep abyss in which I have been thrown long ago.

She is the light, and I am the darkness. Although, I cannot survive without her, I cannot get too close to her. Destroying the distance between us will only lead to our destruction.

So... I must enjoy her warmth and light from afar for as long as I can.

I remove the hair that fell onto her face.

She is too good for me. To good for a person who is shattered from inside, to the point that even fixing me would leave behind hideous scars that can never be cured.

B-But does she deserves Elizabeth?

I don't know...

I take another glance towards her. It is right, isn't it? I'm giving her what she deserves.

All I had ever wanted was to be the perfect person for her. To be the moon for her, to shine brightly as she would pour her endless light upon me, in the form of love.

I want to be the moon, who would stay too close but far from her, who would caress her light with utmost pure love and give her the love that she desires.

I want to hold her in my arms, run my hands through her silky hair, as she would look at me with those eyes sparkling like stars, with only love in them.

But that is a dream too big for me, isn't it?

People never realize the importance of the sun as it always bathes them with sunlight with pure intention. They only adore the stars that are far away from us. They never look at the sun, thinking it would blind them. But they always forget, that sun is also a part of those stars which they love so much.

The sun, is the star which is closest to our heart. They love looking at those stars that look pretty from afar. But if those twinkling stars come nearer, they are nothing different from the sun they turn their eyes away from. So.... The sun always ends up ignoring its potential and desires and keeps on loving us, the people on Earth.

That's the case with Elizabeth. Showering everyone with love, she forgets her potential, her own desires for love.

So that's why I want to give her what's she desires... Unconditional love with the most pure and innocent heart.

But I don't deserve her. Someone, with much more potential and love inside him deserves her. I can only provide her endless misery and agony, by dragging him into my past.

So... I must maintain my distance.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

At night, the poet inside me awakens. So, I'm on to write the next chapter.

I thought that I should give you a glimpse of what Matthew thinks about Elizabeth....so here it is.

Diya out!