Fifty Two: Betrayal

Elizabeth's POV

Is this the place?

I look at Matt who is watching the dirty old building with a shocked face.

"Matt... " he looks at me. "Are you okay? You look... Terrified. Is something wrong? You know you can always share everything with me."

He shakes his head and takes my hand in his. It's really cold. What is the matter?

He starts pulling me inside the building. He doesn't feel like himslef right now. What is up with him?

He enters some code in the box-like thingy and the door opens.

I must say, the interior of this building is quite maintained as compared to it's outer damage. It looks like a well furnished house. It looks like we are in the living room right now.

"White... "

"Can I say something Matt? "

He nods.

I smile "Call me Elly."

His eyes widen and for a second I thought I saw guilt in his eyes.

"Well, well, what a romantic scene is going on here?"

A quite familiar voice interrupts us. A too familiar voice. I turn my head to see her standing, alive, in flesh.

My mother...

Matthew's POV

Shock.

That is the only word I can think of right now, seeing Elly's face.

Elly. It feels nice to call her that. I'm so happy...

Snap out of it, Matt!

I look at Elly's face. And her fave is expressionless. It's like, no one can understand what she is thinking right now. And that's what's bugging me. I want to know what's going on inside her head.

"My Daughter! " Elly's mom.. I mean Emma cooes. I scoff internally. It sounds so fake.

"M-Mother..." I feel so bad for Elly.

Emma runs towards Elly and hugs her. C'mon Elly! Push her away.

Why is she frozen here?

Elly does nothing but stands still as Emma keeps her arms around her.

Finally Emma steps back.

"Alina!" for a second I forgot who Alina is, but it dawns upon me that Emma calls Elly as Alina, since the name Elizabeth reminds her of her past sins and her past lover.

"So... I see that Matthew has succeeded in his mission to bring you here. Am I right, Matt?" she side glances me, with that hideous smirk of hers.

"Wait what?" Elly looks confused.

Oh no! I know where this is going...

"You see my precious baby, your boyfriend Matt was assigned with a task. The task was to make you fall in love with him and bring you back to me." she smiles that fake smile.

"I neve-" I tried to interrupt but...

"You might not believe me now, my child. But you might after hearing what was the reward for this. Kayden's antitode. "

This fu-

"Is this true?" Elly looks at me. Shit!

I nod.

I must do this to save her and Kayden. And....it was true to some extent. I did tried to put my brother over her. But... I ended up falling for her, again.

But... I regretted my answer when I saw tears in her eyes.

"You... You all are the same! Traitors! You never even loved me back, did you? I should have known! I should have freaking known! Only my mother is the one who would never betray me! You... You cheater! Traitor! Liar! I HATE YOU!!!"

"Elly pleas-"

"I HATE YOU, MATTHEW!"

With that she turns and starts walking into a room with her mother.

No. No. No.

"Elly!"

She looks over her shoulders..

"I really truly loved you Matthew."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hold on! before you start plummeting Elizabeth with all accuses, listen to me.

I made her do this for a reason.

If you want to hate her, then you may. But do know that Elizabeth has a reason, and anyone would be shocked to know that they are betrayed by their true love.

I can understand her totally.

So please, no accusing
Diya out!