Fifty Nine: Death and Sacrifice

Matthew's POV

I couldn't help but close my eyes, as I couldn't bear to see what's happening in front of me. But then, a voice urges me to open them...

"Mother! Wake up!!!"

Elizabeth, is alive?

I open my eyes to see Elizabeth, holding her mother in her arms, who has blood dripping off her heart...

And beside her... Lies Aunt Linda, with a bullet mark, on her forehead.

"Who... Who shot her?" I speak quietly. In this quite atmosphere, I couldn't bring myself to speak properly.

"Mother..." Elizabeth tries to wipe her tears..

I rush towards them and kneel down beside her. And then, it strucks me.

All those clues, all those helps, all those favors, and most importantly, that shadow...

"It was you?" I ask, more like state. It was like, I knew it was her, but I needed a confirmation.

Emma smiled, and that smile spoke more than what words could have...

And before I could speak a word, a drop of tear escapes from my eye and travelling down my cheek, falls on my hand...

"You.... Both... Leave..." Emma tries to speak, making Elizabeth cry harder.

"How dare you think that I would leave you like this?! You can't die! YOU WON'T DIE!!! MOTHER! PLEASE! STAY WITH ME!!!"

I get up, and step back, towards Kayden. I don't know why, but I feel that she deserves a moment with her mother, without me.

 I don't know why, but I feel that she deserves a moment with her mother, without me

Elizabeth's POV

WHY?! I HAVE ALREADY LOST SO MANY PEOPLE DEAR TO ME.... I CAN NOT BEAR TO LOSE MY MOM, NOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE SACRIFICED HERSELF FOR US!

"Al-Elizabeth," this was the first time she had called my by this name, "just know one thing. You are the strongest and most beautiful women in this world. You are not a sacrifice. You will never be. You have this light that draws every one to you. So, don't lose this light."

Why? Why can't she just be mean to me like she had always been? Why does she have to be so...so... Mother-like?

I can't say a word, as my tears keep falling down, except for one last thing...

"I love you, mom."

And her eyes close, forever, putting her in an endless sleep.

I get up, and wiping my eyes, turn to look at Matt, who was watching me, with a sad smile on his face.

I run into his arms, trying to stop my tears, by burying my head in his chest.

"It is okay to cry sometimes, Elly."

That sentence finally breaks my all willpower and I cry, for god knows how long.

...

After a while, when I finally come back to my senses, I wipe my eyes again, and look at Matt. "Let's go home." I smile, well, at least, try to.

We cover my mother's body with a white blanket and carry her, along with Kayden, to the hidden door, which, on opening, reveals a car.

We put both of them in car, and I take passenger seat. But as Matt is about get inside, he gets out and rushes off to inside.

After a while, he returns with a body wrapped in another white blanket. I look at him confused, to which he replies, and I smile sadly.

"She also deserves peace. After all, she had finally gotten the chance to reunite with her son."

I really just want to get this book to it's ending now

I really just want to get this book to it's ending now. I think, maybe they'll be 2-3 chapters, and then an epilogue. And then, that's it.

Till then, I'll try to update as fast as I can. So there might be mistakes, so don't hesitate to point them out.

So long,
Diya