The One Who Got Away

KAYZER'S POV

"Good job Kai. Everyone."         The program's PD said before leaving the audition hall along with the staffs.

I saw the three judges shaking hands again with Kiten. They were so happy that I brought her to the auditions, it will be the best season of KSS (KPop Star Search) they added knowing lots of talented hopefuls came this season.

"Kiten!"        I tried calling her attention as soon as everyone left.

She raised her left hand, I guess she's gesturing me to wait for a sec beacuse she's now on the phone with.....

"Hello? Yam?"        Medyo nakakunot pa ang noo nya, confusion all over her face.        "Yoboseyo?"

Hindi ko na napigilan, napangiti na naman ako. Kahit pa hindi sya nakangiti, di pa din ito nakabawas sa ganda nya. I can't believe I can look at her again like this, nang ganito kalapit, nang ganito katagal.

"That was weird."        She commented as she puts her phone back to her bag.

"Was that Zac?"        I asked.

"What?"

"The one with you on the phone."

She smiled.        "Yeah."        Like it was the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.        "Si Yam."

And it was also the most painful one, kasi ang mga ngiting yun ay hindi na para sakin.

"B..ba..bakit Yam?"        I managed to ask kahit na tila may nakadagan na malaking bato sa dibdib ko.

"Secret!"        sagot nya and then playfully wink.

I felt my cheeks heated with what she did.

"Oh crap!"        She checked her watch.        "It's getting late. I gotta go."

She immediately walked to the exit of the hall but I grabbed her wrist. Tumingin sya sa kamay ko, binitawan ko naman kaagad sya.

"Ihahatid na kita."

"No, thanks. My driver's waiting for me."

"Kahit hanggang parking area lang."

i can see in her eyes na nagdadalwang isip sya.

"Okay."        She eventually said.

We're walking side by side pero para akong nag-iisa. Hindi kasi kami nag-uusap.

"Kiten.... Ummm... How are you?"

She chuckled. "Everyday mo na akong tinatanong nyan eh."