Day before Prom

ANJA’S POV

“I’m not gonna wear it.”                               Nicole told me as soon as I open the door of AMETHYST’s fitting room.

“Wear what?”                   I asked.

“Those trash.”                   Our other 3 members, Fei, Yeri & Kate, pointed the clothes hanging on the rack. Just then our maknae Euna came out of one of the cubicles.

My temperature risen by the sight of what she’s wearing. I see disgust on my members’ faces and our maknae looks like she’s about to cry if she’ll wear it any longer.

I close my eyes, breath in to calm my senses like I always do. Leader cannot loose her temper, that’s the 1st thing our manager taught me.

I grabbed the small blanket on the sofa, come close to Euna and wrap it on her waist.

“Go get yourself change.”            I instructed her but my eyes were fixed on the stylist.

Kung nakakatunaw lang siguro ang mga tingin ko sa kanya, kanina pa siguro syang naglaho.

“Have you been clearly informed what event our group will be attending to?”

I was speaking on my lowest tone pero sapat na yun para tumahimik ang lahat ng mga tao sa loob ng kwarto.

“A valentines par...”

“Yeah! A valentines’ party. So what is this?”        I showed to her face one of the hot pants hanging on the rack.  “You expect us to show on public wearing this?”

“Miss Anja, that’s the latest trend, short shorts and....”

“Trend? You even have the guts to lecture me about what is trending?”                                I sarcastically answered her. She lowered her head, she realized she’s not gonna win against me.                               “I don’t care if everyone’s wearing ‘em, we are not gonna sing and dance in front of the public wearing nothing but suspenders.”

“But Miss Anja...”            she’s tryin’ to appeal that made me even more pissed.

“Honey, we have an image to maintain and if you’re just goin’ to screw everything, you can leave.”

I throw myself in the sofa beside Nicole.

“Be my guest.”                  I said. Me & my members were all staring at her.

Nobody tries to object except...

“Anja stop that.”                              our Manager hissed.  He gathered all six of us and talks to us particularly me.