Chapter 14 - Planned Out

Still, in the elevator, Mimi knew her life was finally coming together, although hidden she was making an effort and displaying her true talents to the world.

But deep down, everything to Mimi felt empty.

Power was something she never sought, money, sure it was nice to have but she didn't once enjoy any extraordinary experiences with the green paper.

The thought of having a more considerable influence and power over people tired her.

She could achieve her goals so easily yet she held back because she never desired for it to corrupt her.

That's how Emily probably died.

A car accident they said.

Mimi knew better, if the car was going normal speed there was no way Emily - who consistently was a stickler for safety, would ever encounter an accident.

She knew someone was behind her sister's death, and it was all because of power.

Seven-years-ago, Mimi had overheard her family speaking of Emily betraying their family over a possible incident that Mimi didn't completely know the details on.

She never asked Alec, knowing her only outcome would be denial.

She was secretly trying hard to dig up her sister's case and hopefully find out the truth on the matter.

Not many knew - heck even Alec didn't know that Emily was Mimi's half-sister. Born from the same father but completely different mothers.

He was a lustful man who took in many mistresses to build his family bloodline.

To his disappointment his first child was a girl - he had hoped to end up with a boy to take on the family business.

But soon Emily blossomed into a successful businesswoman with extraordinary talents and love given to her in every direction.

Emily's mother died from an illness and was soon replaced by Kenji's mother along with Seth's mother. In the end, he remarried once more to Lillian.

The family began forming a group of highly talented powerful people... until Mimi was born.

Born a girl she was already given the disadvantage, where her mother died during childbirth since her body wasn't strong enough to handle the birth.

Mimi mostly grew up without parent love, until Emily promptly took in her little sister accompanying her through the hell she was forced to live in.

She was her support, Mimi's only need to move on in this hateful greedy world.

Without her, Mimi felt like a hollow shell moving without any control of her actions.

With no one to cherish and care for you...all that is left is to simply grow up a little faster and shut yourself out from the world.

Revealing her violet eyes, Mimi smiles bitterly at the elevator ceiling. A rush of sadness and hate shows in her eyes as she recalls the bittersweet memories.

Caring for people truly was troublesome...

Lost in her own thoughts, Mimi snaps her head back in place as she hears the elevator door open.

Noticing it stopped two floors above Alec's, Mimi awaits the workers to enter.

With the elevator door sliding open, a group of female workers walks in completely ignoring Mimi as they chat bashfully.

"Did you see that man earlier? He was so gorgeous I felt my whole body burn!" One of the girls squeals.

"I know what you mean, if I had a man like that I wouldn't be able to—" The second girl begins to speak before her friend jabs her in the rib.