Chapter 106 - Surprise Visit

"Hello, is Emilia home?"

"Ah..."

The elderly maid stared at the gorgeous young man standing in front of the doorway in a daze, her thin lips parted in awe.

So...So handsome!

Standing in front of the Yimo's mansion dressed in a set of casual clothing with her short hair tied up in a mini ponytail, was none other than Mimi.

The head maid of the Yimo mansion somewhat felt that the young man before her was too good looking - her old heart almost stopped.

Only when she saw the young man standing there with a silent smile, did she recall his previous question.

"Um, may I know who's asking?"

Mimi laughed softly. "Of course, how rude of me. I'm Andras, Emilia's boss."

After processing her words, did the maid express a look of surprise.

He was Andras! That Andras? And more importantly, he came personally just to see their young Miss?

"She hasn't shown up to work for the past few days, and I was hoping everything was alright. All her colleagues are worried about her." Mimi's expression was one of concern. "Is she home right now?"

Breaking from her trance, the old woman nods her head. "Indeed she is! She's in her room right now. The poor thing hasn't been feeling well lately, but I'm sure she'd be delighted to know you personally came here to check on her!"

She looked behind her as if someone were watching and leaned in close to Mimi with an amused smile.

"To be honest Mr. Andras, Emilia really admires you. There's not a day where she doesn't talk about you or work hard to please you. I have to say I'm quite thankful for her being around someone like you, it's truly changed her for the better." The old maid said warmly.

Mimi smiled, however, a dark glint flashed within her eyes, going unnoticed by the grinning elderly maid.

"Come in, come in, I'll take you to see Emilia right now!"

Ushered inside, Mimi politely bowed her head and followed the small old woman in. Mimi somewhat felt bitter upon seeing the mansion's interior.

Tall ceilings, bright marbled floors, and a descending broad staircase in the center of the spacious living room. She couldn't help but be reminded of her times living in the Hirogori manor.

That and the fact rich people had it all.

Hmph! She preferred her small cramped apartment anyway! And she didn't mind the occasional cockroaches that appeared either! She needed new friends anyway!

If Alec heard her thoughts, he'd sure cough up blood and prepare to become a monk right then and there.

Following the maid up the broad stairs, Mimi took the time to admire the scenery until they stopped in front of a large door.

Gently, the elderly maid knocked on the door. "Ms. Emilia, are you awake? There's someone here to see you."

A few seconds had passed before the sound of Emilia's hoarse voice was heard on the other side.

"Tell them to go away, I'm not in the mood to see anyone."

"Ms. Emilia..." The old woman frowned.

Just as she was about to argue with the girl, a soft touch on her shoulder stopped her. Glancing to the side, the elderly blushed as she stared at Mimi's bright and gentle smile.