Chapter 130 - Harsh Slap To The Face

Inside a cramped apartment, a young woman lay tiredly on her bed. At the sound of her doorbell ringing, her head hidden beneath the covers shot up.

Whom could that be?

Oh, right! How could she forget that she ordered pizza? She smiles mockingly at herself.

Guess they were right, she was a little dense.

Shaking her head, the woman heads out of bed to answer the door after gathering the money she left on the counter.

"Sorry, that took so long. Here you go and keep the—"

Unable to finish her sentence, the young woman stares at the figure in front of her door wide-eyed.

"M-Mimi?!"

"Ms. Ming," Mimi bobbed her head.

Dressed in her typical tight leather shirt, skirt and jacket, Mimi glances at Jinny's outstretched hand holding money.

"Is your life so lonely that you have to pay your visitors to stay?" Mimi's brows rose questioningly.

"Huh?" Jinny glances at the money in her hand and pulls her hand away. "Ah, no, I thought you were...Mimi, what are you doing here?"

Removing the bag from her shoulders, Mimi shoves it into Jinny's arms, "Here."

Jinny looked at the bag shoved in her hands with creased brows. "Um...this...what?"

"Work." Mimi pointed out in an obvious tone.

"Oh." Jinny's mouth clamped shut.

Afterward, the two stood in silence. Mimi stared at her with her usual deadpan eyes, while Jinny averted her gaze rigidly.

Ah! Why was she staring at her like that? Feeling nervous under the girl's penetrating stare, Jinny finally gave up.

"D-Do to you want to come in?" Jinny asked warily.

As if scripted, Mimi responded in a stoic tone, "I had other things to do, but since you begged I don't see why not."

"Ahaha, then come in..." Jinny laughed stiffly and allowed the strange girl in.

As she entered, Mimi took in the young woman's apartment and her brows immediately scrunched up.

Why did everything look so expensive?

Wasn't her paycheck the same as hers? No, if anything it was probably lower. So how was she able to afford such luxurious furniture?!

When first looking at the small woman, one would think she was awkward and well...childish.

However, what Mimi saw was an apartment decorated with extravagant and clean furniture. High-quality silk curtains, a giant organized bookcase, and other expensive furniture brands.

Mimi inwardly praised her style. Who would have thought the airhead had such good taste!

While Mimi admired the interior, Jinny came out from her kitchen and handed the young girl a cup.

"Here, I only had grape juice. I hope that's okay."

Mimi looked down at the cup of grape juice in her hand with raised brows. "You don't have water?"

Was she thinking of her as a child?

"Ah, no, I do! I'm sorry did you want water? I just assumed you'd want..."

Sighing, Mimi takes the cup. "No, this is fine."

"O-oh, okay." Jinny lowers her head down shyly.