Chapter 108 - Never Had A Friend

Days passed by and still, no word from Emilia Yimo was heard.

While the employees who worked in the same department wondered where the young girl went, they hadn't thought to question.

After all, she was only meant to work there for a short period of time.

For the next couple of days, Mimi went on with her usual schedule - attending meetings, covering contracts and upgrading her trading program.

Looking at the time, Mimi sighed and stood up from her seat to leave for the day.

Right on time, her phone rang for a video call. It was Tobias Itou.

Giggling, Mimi picks it up and answers. "Yes, yes, I'm leaving work right now. See?"

Mimi showed the perfect faced man on the screen the set of packed documents.

"En," He nodded with a satisfied light in his eyes.

Shaking her head at the man's overly obsessive concern for her, she continues to pack up and then leaves the office while talking to Tobias.

Lately, Tobias had been concerned for her more than usual and even asked for her to send him photos of her meals for the day.

Once, Mimi had a yogurt for lunch and after showing Tobias, the man was visibly displeased.

Afterward, he called for his assistant, Juno, to order a meal from Mimi's favorite Japanese restaurant to send it to her office.

After making sure everyone returned home and the company was secure for the night, Mimi had Jean drive her home.

While, of course, not forgetting to change out of her business clothes for the day and into a comfy blue sweatshirt with jeans.

Once reaching her apartment complex, Mimi said goodbye to the handsome man on the other end of the phone.

While saying goodbye, Tobias didn't forget to remind her to eat properly and go to bed early.

Holding back the urge to roll her eyes, Mimi ended the call.

Walking up the stairs to the building, Mimi ruffles for her keys in her pockets and glances up to her apartment number only to freeze in place.

Standing a few feet away in front of her door was none other than Emilia Yimo.

She leaned against the wall while her fair hands dropped in front of her, held a silver container.

Feeling the presence of another, Emilia shifts her gaze and stares back at Mimi.

Both young girls stared at one another for a while before Mimi broke the silence with a soft giggle.

"How about we go inside and have some tea?"

Startled to hear Mimi's angelic and soft voice, Emilia flashed her eyes rapidly and appeared agitated.

"O...Okay."

Smiling, Mimi takes her keys and opens the door before walking in. Emilia watches Mimi enter the apartment with a vacant stare.

Mimi notices her staring glassily at the door and held back the urge to laugh.

"Come in and take off your shoes when you enter, I'll give you some slippers."

Absentmindedly nodding her head, Emilia walks in and carefully takes off her shoes.

Suddenly, a flash of purple is shoved in front of her face. Startled, she looks up to see Mimi holding a pair of purple bunny slippers.

Smiling while handing them to her she says, "These are the only pair I have. I hope you don't mind."