Chapter 103 - Caring Husband

A month passed after the incident with Landon. A month since WT Corporation went bankrupt. The media and the rest of the world had soon forgotten the incident.

That morning, waking up in her apartment, Mimi woke up in a cold sweat and felt a slight pain near her lower body.

Grumbling, Mimi reaches for her phone and opens up her calendar.

"Nn..." Mimi groaned upon verifying the date. "Not again! Damn these female hormones!"

The devil had knocked on her door, barging in and impaling her with his trident. Although she wasn't new to periods, this had been the first where Mimi felt the true meaning of cramps.

Reluctantly, Mimi got out of bed and walked toward her bathroom to take some pills to reduce the pain. It was excruciating, but hopefully, with the help of the pills, the feeling would slowly go away.

After taking her pills, Mimi continued her usual morning routine and left for work.

Jean, who was always up and early to deliver Mimi her morning breakfast and milk tea, was startled to find the girl dressed in a large winter coat.

"Ah, Ms. Mim...Andras, why are you wearing a winter coat in spring?"

Mimi looked up at Jean with glazed eyes before her expression brightened its usual liveness.

"While I was online, I just so happened to see a new trend going around. People wearing long winter coats! I thought it looked nice and decided to try it for myself to fit in with society!"

Mimi twirled around and extended her arms out. "What do you think? Does it make me look even more handsome?"

"Ah..."

In all honesty, it made her look like a child dressed in an adult's coat or possibly a little worm, but Jean held back her thoughts and smiled stiffly.

"Mn, indeed, very handsome."

Mimi chuckled as she looked at Jean's stiff expression. Taking her breakfast and tea, Mimi walks into the company elevator and presses the top floor to begin her day.

Half a day passed and Mimi worked vigorously as she attended meetings, signed contracts, and went over her new software program.

Sitting at her desk with a dazed expression, Mimi's brows knitted tightly. A layer of sweat could be seen on her forehead as she breathed feebly.

Throughout the day, Mimi consumed more pills to soothe the recurring pain in her stomach. However, just after reaching the limit of pills that could be consumed, the pain intensified.

Mimi inwardly grumbled. Only she knew how much she wanted to curl up like a fried shrimp and die slowly on the floor.

Suddenly, the sound of Mimi's phone rang through her ears. Groggily, Mimi reached for her phone across her desk and answered in an exhausted voice.

"What?"

Because of her dazed state, she hadn't checked to see who was on the other line – absentmindedly speaking on the phone.

"Mimi?" A man's deep, husky voice spoke on the other side.

Opening her eyes, Mimi quickly composed herself.

"Ah, Toby! What a pleasure to hear from you! Do you need something?"

Completely ignoring her cheerful tone, Tobias's mind reverted back to her frail voice when she answered the phone. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

She could never hide anything from him, could she?

But knowing the man had a tendency to overreact, Mimi gritted her teeth and lightened her tone.