Chapter 99 - Special To Me

Inside the conference room.

Mimi sat in a large chair, her legs crossed while her frosty eyes stared intently at the man sitting across from her – an emotionless smile spread across her lips.

"So, tell me, Mr. Holt, why do you wish to pull out your investment after two years of using my work?" Mimi's calm, smooth voice spoke with a lilt of amusement.

The man across from the boy stared at him with a mocking, contempt-filled gaze.

"It's simple. After the first year your program worked well, however, the second year it suddenly crashed and stopped working. Do you expect me to invest in a broken program?" The man scoffed.

"I see. I find that hard to believe, after all, that system is worth more than a billion dollars and made by me personally. To suddenly crash seems unlikely."

Mr. Holt sneered. "Do you think so highly of your work that you believe my words are lies? Maybe your work isn't as great as you think it is."

The man expected the young man to break out into a raging fit and curse at him - but in the end, he remained silent. If anything, he looked like he was delighted by everything he said.

Holding back his irritation, the man sneered.

"Anyways, no matter what you say I won't continue to invest in a useless program."

"Is that so?" Mimi arched a brow, the previous mirth in her eyes darkening. "Then do you mind if I take a look at my system that you claimed to be 'useless'."

Unprepared for Mimi's question, the man choked on his words. However, calming himself down, the man continued to express a look of disdain.

After all, the person before him was just a kid who happened to be successful over a simple system.

"Why? So you can replace it with another one and claim that my words are false? Do you take me for an idiot?"

"At this very moment, yes."

Stunned by his direct insult, the man's face flushed red with fury.

"You...!"

"Jean, do you mind waiting outside for a moment? I'd like to have a private conversation with Mr. Holt."

"Yes, sir."

Jean bowed her head before exiting the conference room to wait outside. With just the two left inside the room, the look in Mimi's eyes dimmed.

"Mr. Holt, I'm a rational, understanding person. There are very few things that irritate me in this world." Mimi slowly stood up and walked toward the conference window to close the curtains.

"One of them is having filthy, dirty pigs lie to me."

Mimi's calm, chilling voice echoed throughout the room causing Mr. Holt to shiver. Her figure continued moving toward the last window, slowly closing it - the room's light dimming slowly.

"And second is being called useless by no good scum," Mimi said menacingly.

Turning around, Mimi's expression darkened even further. All traces of her smile disappeared.

However, what caused the man to feel chills run down his spine and complexion to shift white was the threatening, chilling glow in the boy's eyes – a flash of violet could be seen.

"Now tell me, Mr. Holt, how do you wish to be punished for your sins? It's been a while since I've played so I'll allow you to choose."

"Gulp..."