Special Chapter: Tobias POV (2)

"You really shouldn't smoke. It's pretty harmful."

"Oh, come on! Here I am seeking amends with you. And here you are, an adult, declining the kindness of an innocent kind-hearted kid!"

Early morning moonlight shone through the crevices of the thick curtains and hit the strong chest of a man. An ash gray, softly textured blanket was draped over his waist, blocking the key parts.

Tobias's eyes quiver open, slowly revealing two dark pupils. Looking up to see the image of his bedroom ceiling for a few seconds, he shifts his gaze toward the large curtained window to observe the gray painted sky.

It was still dark out. Time for work.

He lifts himself out of bed leisurely before heading into the bathroom, his bare feet padding on the tile floor. Turning the shower on, Tobias enters without waiting for it to heat up.

Slightly cold water drips down his hair softly, the drops slowly making their way down his body. Closing his eyes against the water as the heat soaks into his skin, Tobias found his thoughts drifting back to the previous events that took place.

That girl he met in front of the convenience store that day...he wondered why she seemed so familiar to him?

Ever since he encountered her, he was unable to shake away the familiar feeling of knowing her. Yet no matter how hard he tried, he was unable to remember her.

His dark eyes slightly narrowed.

Deciding to push aside his thoughts of her, Tobias runs a large hand through his dripping black hair, causing the silk strands hanging in front of his eyes to push back.

Cutting the shower off, he steps out of the steaming shower and wraps the white towel beside him around his hips, another over his broad shoulders to dry his hair. Tobias walked to his closet to put together his business suit for the day.

Pulling down a simple white undershirt, his back muscles moved and bunched when he slipped it over his head. Afterward, he grabbed a white dress shirt from his hanger, put it on and began buttoning up. Turning back to the closet to pick a black tie, he snatches a black suit jacket and exits the bedroom.

Rather than making breakfast, he heats a quick cup of black coffee and leans against his counter.

It wasn't that he didn't have the time, or didn't know how to cook - if anything he was very good at cooking. But he just found it troublesome and pointless.

After drinking his coffee, Tobias grabs his phone from the living room table and quickly dials a number while walking out of his condo.

...

After the business meeting in Glory Trade Corporations, the executives left the room, including their president – Tobias Itou.

Walking into his office, Tobias sits back into his chair and leans forward to proceed with the work in front of him. Juno, his secretary who followed him from behind, pushed his glasses up and looked down at the tablet in his hands.

"At noon you have an appointment with Mr. Lawson. After that a check-in on the new company building and..."

As Juno went over Tobias's schedule, the man quietly listened while reading documents. Juno glanced at a certain email and paused.

"Mr. Itou, Hirogori Corporation sent you an invitation to their company's celebration event, should I accept or decline?"

Juno glanced up from his tablet to stare at the cold man seated at his desk, his handsome features sharp and icy.