Chapter 14

There are different versions in my head about how last night could have went:

She turns to me and say "goodbye friend" she says with a drowsy smile as she gets out of her car. She gets out a little wobbly

"Maybe I should walk you up" she just nodds and laughs as I grab her hand

I get out and walked her up "alright so...goodnight" I say awkwardly

"Yeah goodnight" she said softly

Before she could even go inside her apartment, I grab her by her waist and pulled her body flush against mine.

"Allow me to properly say goodnight" I say before I met her lips in a searing kiss.

I had a couple drinks and so did she so lord knows where that kiss would have led to us doing.

In my head that's how the night should have ended, but I knew the consequences of me doing that.

I shook my head quickly to remove those thoughts and I quickly unlocked my car door and hopped inside.

    I had to get up early this morning because the ESPN body issue shoot was today. It was planned strategically so it wouldn't clash with my practice schedule, which was really convenient.

While driving to the shoot, my phone started to ring an incoming call coming from my mom. I quickly answer "Hey ma" I said into the phone.

I already knew she was gonna get on me about the fact I haven't called her in days. I've just been busy and had other things on my plate that it slipped my mind to call her.

"Nice to know my son's not dead" she said chuckling, the car's speakers picking it up

My mom and I are very close, so I know it hurts her feelings when I don't call and check up on her.

"Listen mom I was going to call you, I've just been-"

"Don't say you've been too busy, you know I hate that excuse" she said in disapproval. "Anyways I was just calling to check up on you, you know I miss you. how's training camp?"

I stopped at a stop light as I answered her "I miss you too and It's good, It's actually finished and preseason starts next week"

"Oh already? that's wonderful. Anything new happening in your life? What have you been up to these days" she questions

"Nothing much, I'm actually headed to a photo shoot for the ESPN body issue so there's that"

"That's the one where all the athletes are naked?"

"Yes ma" I said embarrassingly

"Oh lord my son's nudes are about to be floating across the internet" I could just imagine the face she's making "your girly friend is gonna get a kick outta this"