Chapter 65

Why did it feel like everything was falling apart? With the stress of Hunter's NFL league appeal trial and my parents arriving in New York soon, it was becoming too much

I feel bad for Hunter the most though, he already missed one play off game which luckily the team was able to win it without him. That means if the appeal happens quick enough, he still has time to get back on the field in time to face the harder teams.

On the other hand it wasn't looking so good for him. He was stressed the fuck out. The day he found out about his drug test results, he was inconsolable— yelling into the phone pissed as hell.

I understood it too, this is his job that someone is messing with. I know Hunter and he would never do cocaine, it wasn't him—he was more of a drinker than anything.

I had a hunch on who it possibly could be that drugged him up and I only could think of two people—Ruby or Luke.

Ruby because the way Hunter explained to me what went down at the club and having almost blacked out, I immediately thought Ruby drugged him.

I originally dismissed the thought, but now that I think about it, it's a strong possibility.

Luke came to mind because he's obviously the back up quarterback. What better way to move up the ranks, then to get rid of the one person in the way.

The Giants team is built on teamwork and that's Hunter's buddy. I wouldn't think he would do something like that, but it was up in the air with the rest of the possibilities.

The key word ringing in my mind when Hunter called me about the whole situation was "traces". They found traces of cocaine, that means that shit couldn't have been in his body for who knows how long.

"Nadia I don't know, what I would do without you. You've been here for me through this whole stressful ordeal and I just want to thank you" he said his weak smile emitting from the FaceTime screen.

 You've been here for me through this whole stressful ordeal and I just want to thank you" he said his weak smile emitting from the FaceTime screen