Chapter 48

Everyone was back and ready to go for work after Thanksgiving, well not Laurel

Everyone was back and ready to go for work after Thanksgiving, well not Laurel. She told me she wasn't coming due to personal issues.

I hoped she was okay. Looks like it's lunch time with Ruby again.

I was quickly typing up an email on my desktop when I was interrupted by Ruby.

"Hey you wanna come over after work and chill at my place? I'm like in dire need of girl time bonding" she pleaded

"Uh sure" I nodded "who else is going?" I questioned as I attempted to multitask finishing up the email and talking.

I really hoped no one else would be joining us because I still needed to talk to her about what the fuck was going on with her and Laurel.

"Just us" she said with a bright smile

"Oh okay cool, I'm in" I said facing her again "just text me you're address and what time I should be there"

"Alright. You're going to lunch with us also right?" She questioned. By 'us' I'm guessing she meant the group of colleagues we had lunch with last time.

I'm gonna curse Laurel out for suscepting me to this torture.

All Ruby's friend were work place shit talkers. I probably would've been more in tune with it if they spill actual good tea. The tea was always flat and bland, so fucking pass.

The thing is, I wasn't tryna eat alone either—looks like I'm stuck.

"Uh yeah sure" I said forcing a fake smile

"Yeah and I told Suzy 'what the fuck are you doing at my desk' and turns out she was the one stealing all my pens

"Yeah and I told Suzy 'what the fuck are you doing at my desk' and turns out she was the one stealing all my pens. Like who the fuck does that?!" Monica said rolling her eyes

A chorus of 'mmhm's' rang around the table.

This is a joke.

"So Nadia how have you and Hunter been?" Ruby asks with a smirk

Why was I always the topic of discussion?

I couldn't even fault her now because our relationship was public knowledge. At the same time, that doesn't mean I want to be the topic of lunch discussion in front of her gossipy friends.