Chapter 20

Y/Ns POV: I ran into the hospital with my guitar and speakers and ran to Nialls room. When I got there everyone was silent. As soon as they saw me every single one of them burst into tears. "WHAT? WHAT'S GOING ON?" I shouted at them. "He- he didnt he's gone." Liam sobbed. No. No. No. No. My heart sank. No this isn't how this would end. I opened the door to the room and looked at him. The monitor that was tracking his heart beat was getting slower and fainter. It's time. It's time for me to say goodbye. I pulled up a chair next to him and held his hand. "I love you Niall." I whispered. I released his hand and began to play the guitar. "Beauty queen of only 18 she had some trouble with herself. He was always there to help her she always belonged to someone else.." I continued to sing through my tears. "it's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise it moves us along, yeah. My heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want." at this point I was balling. But I had to finish the song for him. His heart was getting slower. I belted out the last chorus "I don't mind spending every day, out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl for the broken smile. Ask her if she wants to stay a while and she will be loved. And she will be loved, and she will be loved." and then I slowed down for the final words "she will be loved." then his heart went flatline. I dropped guitar and ran over to embrace him and began to cry into his hair. I kissed him all over his face on every cut every bruise and I just sat there and cried.