Eight

"How long have you been standing there?" I finally turn around and face Namjoon. He looked angry, obviously because I got away. He was staring daggers at Taehyung, who failed to alert anyone I was right next to him the whole time they were probably searching the grounds.

"Long enough," Namjoons gruff voice answers. "Hope you had fun because we're leaving now." Namjoon snaps his fingers and Hoseok and Jimin appear out of nowhere from behind him. The yank me up from my seat with tight grips on my arms, clearly not happy I'd escaped from them specifically.

"A little harsh huh," I wince as Hoseoks nails dig into my skin. To my surprise Taehyung jumps up from his seat and tries to go to me. What was he doing? Hoseok pushes against Taehyung's chest though, keeping him away. Namjoon looks between Taehyung and I with questioning eyes.

"We'll talk later," Namjoon says to Taehyung. He turns and leaves the room, meaning Hoseok, Jimin and I had to follow. I watch Taehyung slump back into the seat I had sat in before. There was something in his eyes as he watched me go, sadness? No, couldn't be, we'd only just met.

Hoseok and Jimin walk me up and out of their secret basement in silence, following Namjoon the whole way. At the top of the stairs stood Jungkook, looking at me with pity in his eyes. Yoongi was on the other side of the stairs, glaring at me.

"Guess you're just a dirty Fey, good for us, bad for you," Yoongi says when I pass him. I unconsciously let out a little growl at his words, he always knew how to push my buttons.

"Ara," I felt another hand grab my arm and turned to see Jungkook. "Ara I'm not lying, I know what it says but I'm telling the truth please-"

"Jungkook we'll deal with you later, let her go, we have business to take care of," Jimin snaps at the younger boy. Jungkook lets go of my arm but rather reluctantly. He watches me go with sad eyes, this time I know for sure.

I didnt understand how he could still be so in his own head that he still thought he was right. The proof had been found, there was evidence, he was lying. So why did he sound so genuine? Why was he still trying to prove himself? It made no sense.

"Don't try anything," Hoseok said to me as we exited the house. I hadn't been outside since I was brought here, it seemed surreal to feel the sun on my skin.

I watched Namjoon get into a black car and close the door behind him. Sadly, I was shoved into the back of the same car, right next to him. I expected Hoseok and Jimin to come along but that didn't happen, Yoongi and Jungkook got in next to me.

"My favorite set of people," I said sarcastically as Yoongi squished up against me on purpose, pushing me into Namjoon. "Why aren't the idiots coming?" I ask, referring to Jimin and Hoseok.

"You just said it, they're idiots," Yoongi grumbles.

"And you're not?"

"You wanna watch your mouth princess," Yoongi's tone is scarily even, like he's trying his hardest to keep his control.

"You can't touch me, you have a deal to make and that requires me to be in tact," I smirk at Yoongi. I see him visibly twitch at my words, he was getting angrier by the second.

"Ara stop, please," Jungkook suddenly says, sending me a warning look. I narrow my eyes at him, not sure why he was being so protective of me. Taehyung's words flash through my head then.

-

"You meant something to him, and I'm pretty sure you still do."

-

"I don't listen to you anymore," I stare emotionlessly at Jungkook. He sighs and sits back in his seat, eyes out the window. Luckily the moment between Jungkook and I seemed to give Yoongi time to calm down because he was asleep next to me now.