Thirty

It was pretty obvious to the other guys what had happened when I ran back to my room crying. No one came to see me right away, either seeing Taehyung or giving me space. I didn't want to think about the guys going to see Taehyung, and him telling them what I did. I don't think he really understood, I did it because I love him.

I hadn't stopped crying when I reached my room. I just laid on my bed and sobbed, making the comforter damp. I felt overwhelmed with emotions, I couldn't do anything but cry.

There was a knock at my bedroom door but I ignored it, continuing to sob into my pillow. The door opened and I immediately chucked the pillow I was crying in at whoever dared to enter. A small 'oof' was heard, then a chuckle, and I knew who it was.

"Go away Jungkook," I mumble into the bed. He chuckles again and I feel the bed dip near my feet.

"Ara," He says in a sing-song type of tone. I kick my foot back at him and hit him in the thigh. He groans and I smile into the bedsheets, slightly. "Talk to me," Jungkook sighs.

"I don't wanna," I mumble against the bed again, only this time I sounded more like a child.

I let out a little squeak when hands wrapped around my arms and hoisted me up into a sitting position. I shot a glare Jungkook's way  while he just looked at me smugly.

"I don't know what you want me to say," I sniffle, wiping away the leftover tears. Jungkook scoots closer to me and holds his arms out. I don't know why but I immediately crumble into him, letting his arms wrap around me protectively as yet another wave of sadness and regret wash over me.

"I know I did it to protect him but it still hurts," I cry, wetting Jungkook's shirt in the process. I knew he was here to comfort me, so I just let out my feelings.

"To be honest," Jungkook sighs, rubbing my back gently. "I don't understand why you did it."

What.

I sit up abruptly, looking at Jungkook in disbelief. I thought of all people, he'd understand. But clearly he didn't.

"You don't understand? What's so confusing?" I ask defensively.

"He loves you," He says boldly. I nod at his statement. "And...you love him," He seemed more pained saying so. "So why give that up?"

"Because I love him," I say without hesitation. "If something happened to him because of me, and it already did," I bite my lip. "I could never forgive myself."

"But that's not what he wants," Jungkook sighs. "He doesn't care about getting hurt and he'd never blame you."

"You don't know that," I shake my head.

"Yes I do," He grits his teeth. "He's my best friend, I know him better than you."

"Is this a competition now?" I scoff.

"Jesus Ara," Jungkook pushes me away from him. "I try to come and reason with you but you just won't hear it," He lets out a frustrated sigh. "You're clearly unhappy; clearly heartbroken because you're not with Taehyung. I was just trying to see why you would put yourself through that pain. I don't understand it," Jungkook rubs his face with his hands.

"I hate seeing you like this, don't you get that?" He asks me. "I never want to see you upset, or crying. I only want to see you happy and content. It hurts me to see you like this and I know Taehyung made you happy so...." Jungkook trails off, biting his tongue.

We sit in silence a moment. I lick my lips, thinking over all he just said. He was right, he didn't understand, but I understood him.

"He's not the only person who makes me happy Jungkook," I say quietly. Jungkook's eyes widen at my words and he freezes where he's sitting. "You do," I smile slightly. "Namjoon does, Hoseok, Jimin, Jin, even Yoongi has made a smile appear on my face," I continue.

"Taehyung made me very happy, happier than I had ever thought was possible. But just because we're not together doesn't mean I'll never be happy again. Even though I'm crying, the fact that I know I'm protecting him in my own way makes it all a little more bearable," I scoot closer to Jungkook.

"Ara I-"

"I know you care about me," I chose my words carefully. "And that, me being with Taehyung has hurt you..."

"What?" Jungkook scoffs. "No. What? I don't-"

"You're an awful liar," I smirk. "But I want you to know that I care about you too, and I hope you can forgive me for being an awful friend who just completely disregarded your feelings. I saw how you were and I just did nothing, and I'm sorry."

The silence falls over us again, but this time Jungkook breaks it.

"Thank you, Ara," He whispers. He won't look at me, and I'm kind of grateful. I felt the mood of the room, the tension was thick. One look and we would probably do something we'd regret.

"Can I ask you something?" I change the subject. Jungkook looks at me but avoids my eyes, nodding his head. "How did Yoongi know what I was going to do?" He pauses a moment, seemingly debating on whether or not he should tell me.

"He had it happen to him," He says finally. My eyes go wide and my mouth falls open.

Min Yoongi. The Min Yoongi, had his heart broken?

"What? When? How? Where?" I start asking questions left and right.

"It was the year I came here, five years ago," Jungkook sighs. "He was with this girl named Madeline, and she was quite pretty if I do sa-ow!" Jungkook yelps after I punch him in the shoulder.

"Not relevant," I grumble. Jungkook just smirks and continues.

"They had been together for about a year before I met them, and he was madly in love with her. I see the doubt but believe me," He chuckles, noticing my quirked eyebrow. "He would've died for her, and he almost did, like Tae." I wince at the mention of his name, feeling like crying all over again.

"After he nearly died saving her, she felt guilty, like it was her fault," Jungkook gave me a look as if to say, 'remind you of anyone?'

"The look on your face was I guess the same as the one on hers when she broke up with him, all because she wanted to protect him," Jungkook finishes. I suddenly feel even more guilty than I had. Yoongi knew what I was going to do and he tried to stop me, but I just dismissed it as him being an asshole. 

"I need to apologize to him-" I start to rise from my seat

"You can't tell him I told you! He'll kill me!" Jungkook grabs my shoulders and shoves me back down.

"He'll kill you?" I scoff.

"Ara, Yoongi shot your father, without a second thought," Jungkook reminds me. "Don't underestimate him." I gulp, remembering that Yoongi had been the one to shoot my father and end the chaos, saving Taehyung's life in the process.

"Yeah," I whisper. "Why did he-"

The door opened quickly, revealing Jimin looking like he hadn't a care in the world.

"Oh," he looked at Jungkook and I. "Was I interrupting something?"

"No!" Jungkook and I yell in unison, jumping away from each other on the bed. 

"Okay, okay," Jimin widens his eyes, holding up his hands in surrender. "Sorry to offend."

"What did you need Jimin?" I ask, wiping imaginary dust from my jeans. Jimin smirks and his eyes light up.

"We have guests."

-

Hey guys. So schools starting very soon and I've been preparing so that's why this took a bit longer for this chapterrrrr

You got a little background on Yoongi from this, as well as Ara and Jungkook, best friends forever ™️

I'm introducing new characters over the next chapters so be excited :)

Also Epiphany was beautiful, we stan a vocal king named Kim SeokJin

Thanks for 14k!! Y'all wild for that

Remember to comment, share, and vote!