Twenty Eight

Namjoon wouldn't let me see him. I'd been put under house arrest, except I was confined to my room. I knew Jungkook and Jimin were on the other side of the door, making sure I wouldn't escape.

Hoseok and Jin have been with Taehyung in the infirmary for hours, literally hours. I knew he was in really bad shape but the more time they spent in there the more worried I got. What if he doesn't make it?

The sound of the door opening dragged me away from my thoughts and I shot up from my spot on the bed. Namjoon walked in, looking very serious and business like. I was surprisingly glad to see him.

"You two can go," He nods at Jimin and Jungkook, who are both peering into the room, looking at me with worried faces. I offer them a small smile but I'm sure they can tell it's forced. I wasn't in a smiley mood.

Jungkook and Jimin reluctantly leave, closing the door when they do. Now Namjoon just stares at me, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Ara-oof," I cute him off by running right to him, engulfing him in a tight hug. Namjoon froze, not expecting me to react this way at all. But eventually, he wrapped his arms around me too, and held me in his warm embrace.

"I know you messed up but I don't care because you didn't go through with it," I mumble into his chest. "I know you love me because I'm your family and you're really the only family I have left and I don't want to lose you."

"You're never going to lose me Ara," Namjoon sighs, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "You're all I have left too."

I'd heard about the Kim family. Namjoon took over the Boss position when his father fell ill, and he's been in it ever since. His mother died when he when he was young, and his father died two years ago. He was alone in a family sense, but now he had me.

"Sit down," Namjoon breaks the hug, gesturing towards the bed. I knew he'd come to tell me some news, he wouldn't look so serious walking in if he hadn't. I was on the edge of my seat.

"First off," He clears his throat. "Your father, while he was injured, is not dead." This was news to me, I saw where he was hit, he should be dead. Then again, Taehyung should be too.

I dont know why but when Namjoon said that I felt an overwhelming sense of dread wash over me. Wasn't I the one who didn't want to kill him in the first place? Yet, the thought of him being dead had lifted a weight off of me, and I felt, somewhat glad.

"How is that possible?" I ask, not understanding.

"He was hit in a critical spot but he was taken out very quickly," Namjoon sighs. "So he was able to be treated and is now recovering." I look down at my hands, fidgeting with my fingers because I'm not sure what to say. Yay? No. I wish he was dead for using Taehyung against me? Real, but too harsh.

"What about Taehyung?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Hoseok and Jin finished up with him a little while ago," Namjoon presses his lips into a thin line. "He's holding on, we just need him to wake up."

"He'll wake up," I say immediately.

"Ara you have to be prepa-"

"No, Namjoon he's waking up he has to," I shake my head. "If he doesn't I don't know what I'll do with myself because it'll be all my fault. I'll have killed the man I love," I choke at the end, feeling my emotions getting the best of me.

"It's not your fault," Namjoon scoffs, scooting closer to me on the bed. "I'm angry, I'm pissed off that this happened to Taehyung, but I dont blame you. I would never even think to, so why do you blame yourself?"

"If he wasn't with me-"

"Then he wouldn't be as happy as he's been the past few weeks," He cuts me off.

"But he'd probably be perfectly healthy and fine," I groan. "He'd be the same amount of happy he was with you. Being with me comes with a price now, you can't tell me that I'm wrong. Yoongi was right, I put you in danger. And Taehyung was in even more danger because he means so much to me."

"Okay fine," Namjoon huffs. "You put us in danger, but we kept you here for a reason. We care about you, and whatever added danger that comes with that we gladly take, because we love you, some of us more than others."

I swallow hard and nod, taking in his words. He was right, they knew the risks, and they kept me here. I couldn't help but feel at fault for what happened to Taehyung. I was right in the respect that he would probably be okay if he wasn't with me. And that one thought was stuck in my head.

"What now?" I ask, changing the subject once again.

"Now we regroup," Namjoon pats my thigh. "And we train harder and smarter, especially Taehyung. And we might need some more help with this plan of ours if were going to avoid being played again."

"Help from who?" I question.

"We know people, I'll take care of it, don't worry," he assures me. "About what your father said-"

"I forgave you Namjoon it's in the past-"

"I get that," he looks me deep in the eyes. "But I need to apologize even so." A small smile creeps its way onto my lips when he says that. He did care.

"You're my cousin, hell, my little sister now, and I couldn't even imagine thinking of such a deal anymore," He pauses a moment in thought, seemingly seeing what he should say. "You mean a lot to me Ara, I want you to always remember that. I know you just came into my life but, I cant imagine it without you in it anymore."

I have a stupidly big smile on my face now. Tears are around the brim of my eyes but I keep them back, not wanting to cry anymore today. Namjoon really was like a brother to me, a father now even. I was glad he felt the same way about me. It just solidified my decision to stay with Bangtan.

They really were becoming my home.

"Ara," Jungkook suddenly barges into the room, Yoongi trailing behind him. I hadn't spoken to Yoongi since he shot my father, and I did want to talk to him, but he seemed to be in a sour mood.

"What?" I furrow my brow at Jungkook.

"You're gonna want to come downstairs," He says breathlessly. It was very obvious he had run from wherever he had been to get me.

"Why?" I ask, the hope evident in my voice.

"Taehyung woke up."

-

Ahhh don't you love my one sentence dramatic endings? 😂

I rushed a little to finish this because I'm going on a trip for a few days and I cant promise I'll update then. Maybe, we'll see, but I will be focusing more on the trip than this book.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. It was a nice way to build up Namjoon and Ara's relationship again.

Remember to comment, share, and vote!