Thirty Eight

I didnt let anyone see me. Only Jin and Hoseok saw me briefly to patch up my arm, which luckily was an easy fix. After that I didn't see anyone, I was too afraid. I was sure they'd have questions but I didn't want to answer them. I had questions of my own, but those didn't seem like they'd be answered either.

Whenever anyone came to my door and tried to coax me out of my room I would politely tell them to fuck off. They always listened.

Now it'd been a week, and today when I woke up it was different, I was different. I was no longer eighteen, but nineteen.

Today was my birthday.

Just because of that fact though I didn't want to get up and face everyone anymore than before. I still wanted to sulk, because facing your problems is hard kids.

I planned on spending my birthday by myself in my room. However, it seemed the others didn't have the same plans as me.

"Araaaa," Namjoon's voice sang through the door. He knocked on it twice and I groaned.

"No solicitors, I don't want your Girl Scout cookies!" I yell into my pillow. Namjoon laughs on the other side of the door, signaling he wasn't leaving.

"Come on Ara it's been a week," he tries.

"And I still feel the same way, fuck off," I sit up so he can hear me better. I just wanted to to be left alone. They didn't even know my birthday was today, I hadn't told them. I just wanted to spend my day in peace.

"You're going to want to come with me," He says. I throw my pillow at the door but get up, knowing Namjoon was not going away without me. He would throw me over his shoulder if he had to.

"What?" I open the door a smidge so I can see a piece of his face. Namjoon smiles immediately at the sight of me. He reaches his hand through the small slit of the open door and grabs my hand, yanking me out of my room.

"Namjoon!" I glare at him once I'm outside. He just smiles at me and tightens his grip on my hand, pulling me down the hall towards the stairs. "I don't want to go anywhere," I try and pull against him, but it seems he was determined to get me downstairs.

"Ara I know something happened that day but you need to stop being a baby," Namjoon sighs. I drop to the floor, like a baby, and sit criss cross so he can't move anymore. He looks at me with a dead faced expression. "Really? This is how you're going to be?"

"Yes?" I reply. It comes out more like a question. To be honest I was tired already from pulling against him and just wanted to sit, being a nuisance was just an added bonus.

"Fine," Namjoon sighs. He bends down and picks me up with ease, throwing me over his shoulder. I groan, holding my torso up so the blood didn't rush to my head.

"What is so important you had to disturb me?" I ask as he starts his decent down the stairs. He doesn't answer, just keeps walking down wordlessly, making me irritated. "Namjoon put me down!" I punch his back, finally getting fed up with the situation.

"As you wish," I can hear the smirk in his voice as he sets me down in front of him. I'm already glaring when I make eye contact with him and sure enough he has that signature smirk on his face.

"Why did you-" I gasp, cutting myself off. Namjoon had physically turned me around so I was facing the room at the entrance of the house. And what I saw in the room was not what I expected.

A huge purple banner hangs over the threshold of the house that spells out, "Happy Birthday Ara!" There are other streamer like decorations all around in a dark purple and white. My favorite colors.