Twenty Two

"Surprise? Really? Surprise?" Namjoon raises his voice at me. I flinch a little at his harsh tone but try and keep the situation as light as possible.

"You're not excited?" I ask weakly, linking my arm with Taehyung.

"How long has this been going on?" He asks, clearly trying to keep from raising his voice again.

"A month."

"A MONTH?!" He yells and then catches himself, knowing he's been too loud. "A month? A whole month?" He repeats, much quieter this time.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jin pouts, looking at me with a hurt expression.

"Taehyung I'm gonna kill you," Namjoon says lowly.

"That's why," I point at Namjoon. He sends me a glare and I just send him one back. "Ara go to your room," he takes a step towards me, not really looking at me but Taehyung behind me.

"No."

Jimin lets out a shocked gasp at my words. I flip him off, not in the mood for his dramatics. Yoongi takes a step towards Taehyung and I, the angry expression on Namjoon's face seems to have infected him as well. Only I had no idea why he was so angry.

"What did you just say?" Namjoon narrows his eyes at me.

"Oh stop it with this overprotective brother bullshit Namjoon," I scoff, making Jimin gasp again, but I ignore it this time. "Yes I am dating Taehyung, so what?"

"So what?" Namjoon scoffs. "You're like my little sister, I ca-"

"I became like your little sister a month ago," I say coldly. "Before that you wanted me dead, remember?" I take a step towards him, making him back up. "Same with you," I look at Yoongi. "You don't get a say in my life after a month of being in it. You don't get that right," I shake my head. "Taehyung is one of the best things to happen to me since everything went to hell. And I'm not leaving him," I look over at him. He looks shocked at my words, but I just keep going.

"So either accept the fact that I'm with Taehyung or accept the fact that I wont be around to hear you complain."

Yoongi and Jungkook take in a sharp breath at my words, the others all go wide eyed. No one expected me to say such a thing. Leaving? I hadn't thought of it until that moment. I realized how important Taehyung was to me, and I wasn't going to give him up because Namjoon decided he was in control of my life.

"Are we done here now?" I ask the whole room. Everyone nods silently, even Yoongi. Namjoon gives me one last hard look before looking at Taehyung and nodding, his eyes softening.

"Okay," He says softly. I give him a curt nod and lace Taehyung's finger with my own. I feel Jungkook's burning stare but I don't look at him, knowing what his expression must be. Hurt.

I wasn't dumb or blind. I knew how Jungkook felt, he wouldn't have kissed me otherwise. But just because I knew, didn't mean I wanted to confront it right now. It wasn't the time, not yet.

"Can we all go now?" I ask. Everyone nods again and we start for the door silently. Namjoon pulls me away from Taehyung momentarily and into a hug. I sigh and hug him back, knowing this was him saying how sorry he was.

"It's alright Joonie," I mumble into his chest. He just hugs me tighter. Until Taehyung clears his throat. Everyone had already left, leaving Taehyung, Namjoon and I. "What are you doing Tae?"

"He has to stay," Namjoon says. I look at Taehyung with a sad expression, not having known he wouldn't be there. "He'll be in our ears," Namjoon taps the ear piece in his left ear and then hands me my own. He then walks over and pulls Taehyung in for a tight hug. I smile softly at the two, glad they're okay.