22

I opened my eyes and squinted because of the brightness of the sun from the window. I looked down at Sabrina. She looked so peaceful while she was sleeping. Then my phone vibrated because of my alarm. Usually it would be loud but I shut off the sound last night. My alarm only goes off on weekdays because of school.

Wait. School!

I can't go today. It's not safe at all, but I can't risk missing another day of school. What am I going to do? I could feel my heart beating faster in my chest and I was slightly shaking. That might have woken her up.

"Honey? What's wrong?" Sabrina said quietly with her morning voice.

"N-nothing." I said, stuttering. My heart started beating faster because I kept thinking about it. She moved closer to me and put her head on my chest.

"Then why is your heart beating faster than usual?" She asked.

"I-it's n-nothing, I promise. Go back to sleep." I said soothingly, petting her head.

"You're stuttering." She said, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"I've noticed that about you. You stutter sometimes when you're upset and when you're lying." She said.

"You need to sleep." I tried to reason with her.

"If you tell me the truth, then I'll go to sleep. Talk to me." I sighed and gave in.

"Ok. I'm just scared and nervous. I have to go to school today but it's not exactly safe for me to even go outside."

"I have an idea, but you have to get ready for school."

"But Sabrina-"

"Trust me." She cut me off, smiling a little. I got up and left to go to the bathroom.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth with my toothbrush that I brought over and came out with a towel wrapped around my body.

I walked back into her room to get my clothes, since I had forgotten them. When I opened the door, I bumped into Sabrina and to make matters worse, my towel had slid partially off so it was just covering my butt. Nothing else.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay- WOAH." I guess I was still partially wet because I slipped and fell again, my towel now completely off. I looked up at Sabrina and her cheeks were flushed and her mouth was partially open.

"Well..." There was a awkward moment of silence.

"Not that I'm complaining but can you get up? My sister might come in and see us and think that something happened." She said, her cheeks still tainted red.

"Right. Can you, um, close your eyes?" She did and I got off of her. I wrapped my towel back around me and let my hair down from the ponytail that I had put it in earlier. My wet (your hair length) y/h/c hair fell into my eyes, so I combed it back with my hand.

Sabrina was still on the floor.

"You can open your eyes now." I said walking over to her. She opened up her gorgeous blue ocean eyes and I held out my hand.  She grabbed it, and I helped her up.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. But are you okay because you feel twice in a row." She said, trying to keep from laughing. She failed and laughed, and I laughed with her.

"It's not funny." I said, yet I was still laughing.

"You're right. It wasn't 'funny'. It-"

"Don't you dare." I cut her off.