33

I stayed in my room for most of the day.

Moping around.

Maybe if I didn't remember all of this, then we wouldn't have this problem. After thinking it over for hours, I called Rowan.

"Hello?" She asked after 2 rings. I could hear the wind blowing in the background.

"Hi. I'm ready to talk to you guys." I said.

"Ok. When?"

"Whenever you guys are free."

"Sabrina's not here right now so I'll call you when I find her." She said.

"Find her?" I questioned.  "I um, couldn't find her after she left your house." That was hours ago. "Did you try her apartment?" I asked, putting on my clothes and shoes.

"I don't remember where it is."

"Okay. I'll go help you. Where are you?" I asked, heading out the front door.

"At some playground. I don't know where."

"I think I know where you are. Bye." I hanged up. On my way to the playground, I called Sarah to see where she was. "Hi, Y/N." She answered.

"Hey Sarah, is Sabrina with you?"

"No. She's at home, I think."

"Okay, that's good. That's all I wanted to know."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Kind of. I'll explain later. Bye." I hanged up when I finally spotted Rowan, sitting on the monkey bars. "Hi." I said, standing in front of her.

She lifted her head up. "Hi, Y/N. " She gave me a small smile. After a couple awkward moments of silence, I spoke up.

"So, we should get going. Yeah?" She got off the monkey bars. "Yeah."

We walked quietly to Sabrina's apartment. That was, until she decided to talk. "Why do you hate me?" She asked me.

"I don't hate you."

"You said that you did. When I was talking to Sabrina, I could hear your conversation with Sarah."

"The whole conversation?" She nodded.

If she heard the whole conversation, then that means that Sabrina did, too.

"I don't hate you. I just, I don't know." I said to her. We knocked on the door when we reached her apartment.

"Who is it?" We heard Sabrina's voice yell through the door.

"Rowan and Y/N." I answered her.

"One sec." We heard things moving around and then she opened the door. "Come in." She said, and we did and then she closed it. We went to her room and I sat on the floor, Rowan on the chair, and Sabrina sat on her bed.

We always used to sit like this. Something's never change.

"Here." I said, giving Sabrina back her necklace. She took it and put it in her dresser.

"What's that?" Rowan asked, pointing to the medicine bottles in there.

Sabrina quickly shut it. "Nothing."

She doesn't know?

"Know what?" Rowan asked, and I instantly covered my mouth. I really shouldn't speak my thoughts so often.

"No, and she doesn't need to. Drop it." Sabrina said, strictly.

"But I'm your girlfriend and best friend. You can tell me anything." Rowan said.