» 12

"SCHOOL FESTIVAL"
[2]

••

You arranged the desks neatly as Daniel mopped your classroom floor

You arranged the desks neatly as Daniel mopped your classroom floor. Quietly, you both worked with music on your phone playing.

"Y/N?" Daniel called looking up as you clapped the erasers.

"Mhm?"

"Do you think I'd be able to be on stage singing?" He asked as he begins to daydreamz

".... No." You answered as you clapped them harder.

"A-ah! What?" Daniel asked snapping out of it, "I-I didn't mean it seriously, forget I said it."

"Okay." You said plainly as you continued cleaning.

...

"But wha-"
"IF YOU WANT ME TO
SAY, YES JUST SAY IT"

"I mean! It was just a silly thought, I can never even imagine being on stage." Daniel said making you question why he had even brought it up. Maybe it was due to the fact he had been in conflict with Duke and battling some self conflicts as well. Who knows?

Quite frankly, you were busy yourself.

"Aye man, if you wanna do it, just do it. Just know it comes with risks." You warned, "I knew a few people myself who ended up where they wanted to be at the cost of everything."

Daniel curiously looked at you as you organized the books. Though you had constantly dropped hints on your past, no one had really questioned it nor intended to. You never talked about the events that used to occur either. Compelled by his curiosity, he hesitated as he thought long of his answer.

"Let's not push further than it should be.."

"Don't be impulsive, Daniel. People like you and me can't afford to be impulsive." You said thinking of your bank account, "And not to mention, singing is hard :,)"

••

"ALL THE TIME I AROUND, BROTHERS GATHER AROUND, ALWAYS LOOKING AT ME UP DOWN, LOOKING AT MY-" You danced around before you heard a bunch of yells.

"SHUT UP, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP" You stop the music and opened your mouth, "SORRY, SORRY"

••

"Y/N?" Daniel called snapping you out of your zoning out.

"Oh shit were you talking to me?"
"I was singing for you..."
"Oh what the fu-"

SLIDE!

"Ah, Duke! What're you doing here?" Daniel said hanging his bag over his shoulder.

"L-lets.." Duke shyly began.

"Lets perform at the festival!"

"I- uh- umf" Daniel stammered as you stood there in silence.

"I can feel honesty in your voice! Please! I'm confident in my rapping! We can blow away the crowd!" Duke pleaded.

No...

"Please do consider. I didn't choose you for your popularity— I swear!" He continued. You were still silent and shocked, same for Daniel. He had been showing a dislike to your attempts at friendship, yet here he was.

"Y/N, you can even join us as a vocal! We'll train you and everything! You would fit perfectly with the melody! Please consider." Duke finished.

"Do you... Do you want to do this?" Daniel asked from behind your shoulder. You couldn't focus, your eyes were turning to a blur, then suddenly, a little tear dripped onto the ground. Daniel backed away in shock as you ran past Duke and out the class.

This can't happen!

••

HWA MIDDLE SCHOOL

"Don't you feel embarrassed?" A voice asked as Y/N scribbled lyrics and poetry in her book. She looked up to see who it was, except, her notebook was smacked to the ground. As she tried to collect all her papers before they flew away, the bully had smeared his foot into each, ruining her newest piece.

"Your face would never make it to the screens and you think you can be an idol." The spiked haired boy continued.

"I- um- sorry" Y/N muttered trying to escape the boy in any way she could. He scoffed and placed his foot onto her back smearing her face in the dirt. His guys collected the pages and handed it to him.

"You want this book?" He asked.

"Say my name"

A little stutter fell out of her mouth. Her stomach, ribs, legs and face were kicked and attacked as pain burned different parts of her body.

"Y/N."

She looked up at the kid as he took his foot off satisfied that she'd be too weak to fight back now.

"Say my name and you
get your lame book back"

She groaned in pain, holding her stomach.

"Jairo"

••

You sat in the school courtyard, your knees covering your face as you bent to the ground. You tried to keep your breath steady as the many past events replayed in your mind.

You were hyperventilating, but you couldn't move. You couldn't hear, see or think straight.

Everything was falling apart. You were falling apart.

But through it all, you felt a hand on your back that rubbed it gently and slowly. You felt more protected by the minute. Safe.

And you were. Daniel wouldn't allow a thing to happen.

••