» 30

THE RETREAT
[05]

•    •    •

Your consciousness quickly regained. For a minute, you couldn't see or hear. Then, as you awoken, the sound of constant thunping and murmurs– starting as muffles and becoming more clear as seconds passed. When you were able to see again, your eyes focused on Zack who's energy was low as he beaten on Zeus. He sat on top of the bloody victime as he murmured sinful cusses to the opponent.

"Zack." You called, not getting his attention right away causing you to cry slightly. Zeus was beaten so close to death that only one more hit could kill him. You couldn't lose Zack for murder, he was one of your best friends.

"Zack, Zack, Zack—" You called, stumbling and limping towards your friend.

"Please stop."

•    •    •

When we found Zack and Y/N
in the warehouse with the cops,

Y/N held Zack by the waist attempting to pull him off from Zeus with the last of her energy. Though, he hadn't came off easily and continued to hit Zeus, except more gently.

"Zack! Stop, please. It's over. Let go." You begged with a wavering and broken voice.

"Y/N...Y/N...Y/N.." Zack repeatedly, hitting Zeus and ignoring her cries, "You hurt her...you... bitch."

The two were bloody & tired-- especially Zack; he'd lost so much control today. Y/N had to stall time with fighting & also took a bad beating. Most of her body was scarred or bruised, some of her bones taking a beating as well.

He was out of his
mind and beating Zeus.

With two broken arms,
Zack's expression was one
of desperation, not
anger.

Zack calmed down once realizing who you were. He quickly pushed off Zeus & supported himself up, leaning against a cabinet as he checked for scars.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I should've realized earlier, I'm so fucking stupid. This is my fault, I shouldn't—" Zack suddenly stopped when he felt a cold hand brush on his cheek and hold him closely, "Zack, listen."

He silenced himself and nodded slowly. Your eyes for a minute and he almost began crying. Every scar he'd saw, every bruise, the blood, it was all of his fault. You trailed your finger up to his hair and began ruffling it, ruining it more.

"Your hair is insane right now."

•    •    •