» 118

RUNAWAY FAM
[EPILOGUE]

• • •

"This restaurant is good, I eat here when I'm in a rush. Are you sure you don't want to eat at the truck? It's on the house." Sally offered once more.

"It's okay." Y/N started, "If I'm hungry still, I'll grab something from there. Other than that, I want to eat a good meal."

"How will you walk back to the truck? Should I pick you up? You know what? I'll just eat with you. Fuck it. I'm not leaving you alone." Sally said attempting to enter the restaurant before Y/N stopped her.

"Ah ah! No way. Not letting that happen." Y/N said, "I have to Uber home after, I have... uh, what's it called? Oh yeah, school and work."

"You sure about that?" Sally asked worryingly before snapping, "Know what? Nevermind! Forget it! You obviously don't want me around so! Bye!"

"What— It was nice meeting you?"

...

"IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU TOO"

Y/N laughed at Sally's cuteness and sighed now knowing she'd never see her again. She walked into the restaurant with her head down with her new realization.

"Welcome! Table for one?" The host asked.

"Y-yeah 😔." Y/N said, following the girl to her seat. She ordered a starting meal and patiently waited for it by going onto her phone.

"You up?"

"Fuck, I shouldn't have done that," Y/N said to herself as she slammed her phone down on the table, "He's not going to respond. I'm not even gonna answer back ei—"

𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆!

Y/N immediately picked it up again & cussed at herself when she opened the texts too fast. DG had been busy recently with his upcoming releases and his team had been cutting Y/N's hours seeing that she had been a distraction.

They hadn't been able to text much because his other assistant was strict on DG getting things done. Every now & then, Y/N and DG would have a conversation, but not as long as before.

"You know I'm up. I
have a schedule late
again."

Y/N thought of a good response and began to type it. However, before she could send it, she heard the voice of a distressed customer.

It wasn't just any voice either; It was Johan.

"You and your friends had quite the appetite. Sweet and sour pork & fried dumplings were complimentary." The chef commented with a sweet smile.

"The total bill would be..." The chef looked at the long receipt analyzing for a moment, then showing the total, "...$1,503 sir."

"Didn't anyone pick up the tab for me?" He asked. Y/N raised her eyebrow as she listened to the conversation, wondering what she could do.

The chef's smile fell as he realized that Johan had no money with him. He placed the receipt down onto the counter & watched his shocked face without a second thought.