Introduction & Chapter 1

Introduction

My name is Ciara-Melissa and this is my story...

My life had always been a bit difficult; when I was ten, my mum found out that she had cervical cancer and nearly died, and my dad had left us when I was nearly six.

I have four older brothers, Byron, Trey, Anton and Tyrell... coz I was the only girl I didn't really have anyone to ask for advice and that kinda thing, my brothers were always to busy either "protecting" me or beating me up. Trey had moved out when I was about 7, first to live with our dad, and when he turned 18, he moved to America, and we had hardly heard from him since.

When my mum started getting better and the doctors said the cancer was gone, my mum, my grandma and I moved to Brazil until I was nearly 14, when we moved back to England. I hated my new school in London from the start, even though my cousin Monifa went there ... eventually I started making friends, but there's still a few people I don't talk to.

I'm not gonna say I was never interested in boys, I just always had more important things on my mind like school and that, so boys were never a problem in my life, either I had one or I didn't, it wasn't a big thing to me.

Chapter 1

The day after GCSE's were over for my year, one of the girls in my year threw a shubz for everyone, the house was packed out and bare people had crashed. I was there in my white shorts, a pink vest top and a white waistcoat with bare heads watching me. When you have really curly hair and you start sweating, and your roots look like they're slicked down, that was how my hair looked. It was bare hot in the room so I went outside quickly and went to stand with my friend who was standing near the front door, just loitering. I could sense I was being watched so I turned around, to see like three boys watching me, and licking their lips. I just turned back to my friend and asked her to follow me to the kitchen for a drink...as we walked past the boys one of them winked at me, I just screwed them...allow it man. We went into the kitchen and got a drink and stood around the drinks table, when bare boys came into the kitchen through the back door. I felt sorry for the girl having the shubz; the way it got crashed was emotional. So me and some other girls from our year were standing there talking and one of my brother Tyrell's friends, Kyle, came over to Kellie and slapped her round her head. She was about to buss a switch and then when she saw the boy's face she started laughing. They started having their own conversation, and I just stood there drinking my drink, talking to the other girls.

I just gave him a quick smile; I had no reason to talk to him, even though I knew him. I was just waiting to go back into the shubz with Kellie. Eventually he went into the shubz, but we stayed in the kitchen for a bit and then we went back to the other room...