Chapter 33

||Hello yes I return form Iceland! The trip was amazing, but it was long, so I apologize I’m just now getting around to post this chapter. Don’t forget to rate comment and favorite for updates every time I post! I love you all, and thank you so much for reading!||

“So...what happened?” 

“...I don’t know. I was staying at this shitty motel and he found me some how and he came in, wanting me to come back with him and I..I just got so mad, you know? It was like, all this rage had been building up inside of me and I just..exploded.” 

“How’d you get arrested?” 

“Some woman down the hall saw the scene play out and called the police.” 

“...” 

“...”

“...You..are fantastic.” 

“What?” 

“I don’t know anyone else who would be able to stand up to someone they feared so much.” 

“I didn’t have much of a choice.” 

“You could of let him take you.” 

“...” 

Ed’s grip on the steering wheel tightened as he glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. I wasn’t looking at him, but I could feel his eyes on me. “I’m proud of you.” he said quietly. 

I looked down at my hands for a moment, trying to avoid looking at him at all costs. The fact of the matter was, hearing that Ed was proud of me was quite possibly the most comforting thing in the world. It was a strange sensation. After days of doing everything wrong I had finally done something...okay. Something worthy of being proud of. And that was good. But on the other hand, I was trying to force down the feeling, because it had been produced from something Ed said, and I was still just so..confused on why he was helping me. He was the one who kicked me out.  

“...Ed, I don’t understand what you want me to do.” I said, finally looking up at him, but his eyes were focused on the road once again. 

“What do you mean?” he asked, furrowing his brow. 

“..You told me to get out of your life...so I did, and suddenly you want me back and I’m just...confused.” I scratched my arm self consciously, worried that I had missed something.

Ed exhaled deeply. He glanced out the rear window quickly before pulling the car over, so we were stopped on the side of the road. “Jo..” he said softly, turning his body to look at me. “The night I asked you to leave...I was out with the lads..and we were talking about this whole thing with you...and Harry said something about how mad Hunter would be if he found out you actually were with me..and I was a little drunk and it just went to my head and I thought it was my only option.”