Chapter 4 - Cheating husband

Lost, I gazed around as somebody shook me awake.

Where was I? My bedroom didn't look like this ... where's my wardrobe? My bed? My dresser?

Panic spread through me. Where am I!? Why am I not at home?!

I jumped up and met Jessica's eyes.

I breathed heavily, then slowly realized what had happened. I had fallen asleep yesterday.

"Dear, sit down again I'll get you a coffee", she patted my hair. "We have spare toothbrushes in the restroom." 

"This hasn't happened for the first time?" 

"Just you wait until the holidays", Jessica called over her shoulder with a heavy expression.

I slipped into my chair, grabbing the hem on my shoulder without realizing at first. The material between my fingers was soft and warm, yet slightly heavy around my shoulders. It felt like wool and smelled of Mr. Beaumont.

Wait a moment, what was that?

I pulled the material forward and my eyebrows went up in surprise. This shade of grey and the heavy manly fragrance ... This was Mr. Beaumont's coat! He had worn it the day before!

My breath hitched. He had put his coat over my shoulders to keep me warm! I pressed my burning face against his coat.

My eyes darted to my skirt and I cursed out loud. Forgotten was the warm feeling that had spread inside of me. "I need to get changed or else I'll get another dress code violation!" 

"Can you make it though?", Jess checked the time. "You have half an hour." 

"I should be able to – see you in a bit!"

I jolted down the hallway, repeatedly pressing the button of the elevator. "Come on, come on!", I grumbled, forcefully pressing my thumb into the call button. "I don't have all day!"

It opened, at last, and I stormed inside – straight into somebody.

I pressed my hands against something hard.

"Ouch!", I yelled with closed eyes. 

"Once again, why in such haste, Mrs Atkins?"

Great. Luck reaaaaally seems hates me.

I looked up to Mr. Beaumont, who was as stylish as always and smelled heavenly good. Aftershave and perfume. Sage and honey. Forgotten was my haste. 

I tried not to inhale more of his manly scent as it was making me dizzy and almost drool. It was a scent that lingered on your mind, one you craved to smell again when it grew weaker. By god, he always smelled good and was always well groomed and clean.

He was devilishly handsome as always, with his tall build and beautifully proportioned body. As always, he carried himself with a sense of authority and unwavering self-confidence. It was clear he was very powerful and extremely rich.

My fingers itched to trace his combed hair, which had been styled to the side, his waves flowing neatly in one direction. He wore a dark brown suit today with a blue tie and chestnut brown shoes. Blue eyes were dark with wanton as he led me back into the elevator with him. I felt the roughness of his hand on my elbow and devoured this moment of protection for a few seconds.

My heart was beating against my chest. Mr. Beaumont looked so good I had to press my lips together to stay quiet. His strong build was obvious in this cut, and the colour suited him the best out of all the suits I had seen him in. His muscles were there, visible, as the suit tightly stretched across it.