Chapter 22 - His ex-wife

♡    

Eleanor's POV

Red lipstick?

I applied another careful layer of the Channel lipstick and eyed myself in my pocket mirror.

Check.

Big, dramatic eyes?

Check. Grey really brought out my eyes.

Skirt that barely covers my butt?

I glanced down at the red tight leather skirt and fishnet stockings.

Check.

Sleek, brushed back hair?

Check.

Blonde hair falling down my back?

Check.

Was my white blouse unbuttoned enough?

Eh, another button wouldn't hurt. I quickly undid it.

Check.

Racy underwear?

Check.

A fresh manicure and pedicure?

Check.

Valetino high heels?

Check.

I was ready to ruin lives.

"We are here, Miss", my driver, Richard announced. The elderly man glanced back at me through the mirror. He seemed to scan me.

I raised a brow. "Is something the matter, Richard?"

"Why are we here again? Your father has enough business bonds and much more money than Michael Beaumont does, Miss. You don't need him to be successful." He halted. "Except, maybe you are still-"

"Enough. It's none of your business", I cut him off sharply.

"I apologize Miss."

He got out and opened the door for me. I slipped into my Balmain coat and put on my Louis Vuitton sunglasses. The more dramatic I looked, the better.

Michael's security guard opened the door for me, greeting me with a deep nod. The moment I slipped inside, I caught him saying something into his microphone.

My presence was announced to the world that had once been mine: Michael himself.

The reception instantly greeted me, hurried to my side to take my coat.

How I loved the power of my father's name. They dropped everything for me and me only.

I took off my coat and held it in front of me. One staff took it immediately. "Miss Hawkins, it's a pleasure to welcome you to Beaumont Enterprise", the petite woman said with a played niceness.

I had to give it to Michael, his staff was always dressed modern and fashionable, especially the receptionists. Most of them wore scarfs with his brand's logo on it.

"It's a pleasure for me to be back", I fleetly smiled at her. "Is Michael in?"

"What did I do to deserve that frown from you, Mike?", I asked amused, posing against the doorframe. I brought out my hip and eyed him. I almost licked my lips.