Extra chapter - The Beaumont's

Sara's POV

Christmas Evening

2 weeks before Michael's and Sara's wedding

"Now move more towards the middle!", Hector directed us, his voice shrill and his hands underlining his words, pushing us more towards the right. "Smile Michael! You have nice teeth, so show them!"

"God how I hate this", my fiance bit through his plastered toothy grin, crooking his head and grinned exaggeratedly.

"Not like that!", Hector cried annoyed and I couldn't help myself, breaking out in a loud laughter at the pained face of my boo. "Why do always do that when I want to take a picture of you?"

Leon tried to stifle a laugh, his lips moving in every direction as he was trying his hardest. Michael reached over and smacked him on the back of his head.

"Not in front of the kids!", Rebecca chided and handed me Sara strongly over without a word, separating the arguing children. Adrien, who did everything his oncle did, hit his sister. Estelle broke out wailing. Rebecca hissed and separated them.

"Timers on!", Hector cried and rushed around it, taking his spot next to Leon. "Say cheese!"

Esi threw her head back and yelled "CHEEEEEESE!", while Adrien made a silly monkey face, sticking out his tongue and rolling his eyes.

Michael nudged him softly in the back. "Nicely Adrien!"

My fiance wrapped an arm around me and I leaned my head against his chest, taking in the calm he radiated even through times like these.

"3 ... 2 ... 1!", Hector counted down, then we all smiled for the camera.

Sara immediately started crying once the flash went off.

"Thank god she didn't cry sooner!", Rebecca let go of her children's hands and they immediate hit each other again. Leon picked Estelle up and out of Adrien's reach. Sara wailed for her mother. "Come to mama, mon mignon. Oh I know, I know, the flash is very, very naughty. Mummy will scold it for you."

The love Rebecca radiated as she picked Sara up from my arms, they way she pressed a kiss on the little girl's head, the way Sara leaned onto her mother with a smile - I couldn't help but feel nostalgic at that gesture, immediately thinking of my mother's comforting hug and her loving kisses. I missed my home now stronger than ever, something I had forgotten through the many ups and downs I had experienced with Michael.

"What a day", Michael chuckled and brought my fingers to his lips, distracting me from the heavy heart I was feeling.

"And it's only begun!", Leon swirled around and raised his glass at us with a beaming smile. He was Veronique's duplicate, from the symmetric features, high cheekbones, the eye shape to his stubborn chin - but with Hector's eyes and hair. Though, Leon was million fold more charming than his mother could ever be to us. "Eggnog?"

A few hours before

We left the plane that had brought us to France and waited at the terminal for Leon to pick us up and drive us to Avignon.

Michael and Leon used every holiday they could to see each other. And as it was tradition with the de Beaumont brother's, they met at Christmas time to celebrate together, as well as NYE - and this year was no exception.

Falling for my boss ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें