Chapter 42 - A baby?

Michael's POV

I stared at her, flabbergasted.

"What?", I flat-out asked, not believing my ears.

"Let's take a break", she whispered, avoiding my eyes.

As I stayed quiet, she finally looked up.

My girlfriend with red, swollen eyes and shaking lips was staring back at me.

Blank fear turned into sheer anger within a split-second.

"Are you fucking dumb?"

It escaped my mouth without a second thought. I had never felt this angry. Not even Victor could tick me off that badly.

"No wait I didn't mean it that way", I said as she was visibly surprised by my words. "No, not wait. No hold the fuck up", sheer frustration washed through me. My voice was getting louder now. I put my hands off her. "Why the fuck would you suggest a break!? I was about to say something completely different!"

"I-"

"This is not, in some Sara worried way, a way to doubt me right?", I tapped her forehead repeatedly.

"No, of course not!", she protested. Her angry-furrowed face went sad again and she lowered her head. "I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

It took me a while.

Then I snapped. "So you are suggesting we part. While you are being stalked. Attacked. Assaulted. Beaten up."

"They might go after you!", she defended herself.

"And they went after you - what part of you thinks I will let you part from me, let you run around on your own when clearly some psycho is after you?", I huffed. "You've got me all the way fucked up!"

I turned away.

"Michael ...", her voice sounded behind me.

I only saw red. I crossed my arms.

Sara's POV

I pouted as he didn't budge. Usually he would snap right around when I called for him.

I tapped his rib, then his hip with my finger, pocking him. "Michael ... are you angry with me?"

He didn't move. Breathe. Speak.

Silent anger.

I really fucked this up, didn't I?

I ran my hands up and down his naked skin.

Nothing.

I kissed the naked skin of his arm.

Waited. No reaction.

Kiss and traced his muscles. He only stiffened.

Kissed his back, traced his moles and some lonely freckles. Silence.

Kissed his neck.

Kissed him behind his ear.

He only huffed angrily.

I ran my hand through his soft sandy hair, tussling his natural waves just the way he loved it.

Nothing.

"Bebo ...", I whispered, leaned my head on his back as well as my hands. "I'm sorry ... I know it was harsh from me to suggest that, but you need to understand me. I was attacked. I'm being followed", I felt him tense up at my words. "I was scared the same would happen to you. I love you too much to see you get hurt because of me."